Lakers/Celtics - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Lakers/Celtics

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Lakers/Celtics

Postby bigken117 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:11 pm

Yoda wrote:God I hate Boston. Fans even worse.

And we hate you. ;-D

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:22 pm

Amazinz wrote:I wonder if the Lakers fans are on the brink of suicide... :-D

No, not at all. I didn't expect much out of the Lakers this year and in fact trading Shaq and almost losing Kobe would've been thought of as the death knell of the franchise. I think a lot of Laker fans including myself would've been resigned into thinking we'd wind up like the Celtics, some 22 years removed from the championship with mediocrity sprinked all over. This season has been a pleasant surprise, with guys like Bynum, Farmar, and Vujacic improving to greater lengths compared to the last couple of years.

That said, I'm disappointed by the Game 6 effort. It was set to be a rubbish year and it ended in rubbish, but to a different extent. At the beginning of the year, this campaign would've projected to be rubbish in that the Lakers would never get anywhere. Right now, the season ended in rubbish because the Lakers emerged their successful selves again, but they fell short. There's no such thing as forgiveness in this town for losing despite all the good things the Lakers have done.

However, the future looks bright. I think much of it hinges on how Andrew Bynum comes back. It was a shame that he was in good form when he went down to injury and so again, I'd be guarded about his prospects of coming back and being as effective for next season. With a healthy Bynum, I don't think the Lakers would've been bullied from the outside, having a better suited presence in defending the paint than say, Pau Gasol, who's a far from physical player. Having Bynum in the lineup made a big difference in making strides to developing a better unit when it came to team defense, which was sorely lacking in the Finals.

So, congratulations Celtics fans, even to the die-hards who didn't go to Celtics games the last couple of years. The better team won.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 677)

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:28 pm

bigken117 wrote:
Yoda wrote:God I hate Boston. Fans even worse.

And we hate you. ;-D

touche :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:35 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:

No, not at all.

Oh man you really change the intent of my post by removing Cowboys and Yankees. I have nothing against die hard Lakers fans and don't have a dog in this fight. I was referring specifically to the Cowboys*Yankees*Lakers fan. That unholy trinity of sport fandom that became popular in the 1970s and of which we now have to deal with their equally clueless offspring. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:56 pm

Amazinz wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:

No, not at all.

Oh man you really change the intent of my post by removing Cowboys and Yankees. I have nothing against die hard Lakers fans and don't have a dog in this fight. I was referring specifically to the Cowboys*Yankees*Lakers fan. That unholy trinity of sport fandom that became popular in the 1970s and of which we now have to deal with their equally clueless offspring. :-D

Ah, so there is such a molded fan that's a fan of all 3. I actually like the Dallas Cowboys, but I'm not that crazy about the NFL or American football to begin with to say I'm a fan though. :-b
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 677)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:04 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Sorry DDD it wasn't a criticism it was puzzlement over the mental image of Belichick rubbing off on someone. You wild and crazy football guys are always coming up with these disturbing mental images.

No worries, bro. Come to think of it, the image of Belichick rubbing anything is a bit revolting. %-6 :-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mweir145 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:51 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:Thanks mweir. It was your unwavering support that made this possible. Glad you sported the green avatar.

The Boston renaissance sports era will end at some point, and I'll be there when it does.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby bigken117 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:52 pm

mweir145 wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:Thanks mweir. It was your unwavering support that made this possible. Glad you sported the green avatar.

The Boston renaissance sports era will end at some point, and I'll be there when it does.

It's not going to last forever? Damn. And you're going to be here? You moving out here? Well I will buy you a beer sometime when you do. Just let me know where to send the $2. ;-)

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby curious_george_43545 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:42 am

Didn't even seem like any of the Lakers cared they had a chance to win a championship in game 6. Awful game to watch, but grats Celtics.
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bleach168 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:18 am

Amazinz wrote:I wonder if the Cowboys/Yankees/Lakers fans are on the brink of suicide... :-D

Not at all since they are now Giants/RedSox/Celtic fans.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk