Clayton Kershaw - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Clayton Kershaw

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Clayton Kershaw

Postby hickdubious » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:46 pm

Per Yahoo:

Jun 4 LHP Clayton Kershaw makes his third major league start against Colorado on Wednesday, but he doesn't figure to make another one for a while. Dodgers manager Joe Torre said Tuesday that with the club's 17-day stretch without an off day set to end Sunday, he likely will revert to his original practice of skipping the fifth starter when the schedule allows, meaning Kershaw likely won't get the ball again until June 14 at Detroit.

With Kershaw's poor performances and now this, is he worth holding on to in a redraft league?
hickdubious
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Clayton Kershaw

Postby Slayer Rules » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:07 pm

Nope, unless there's just absolutely no one on the WW who can help your team (assuming this is a re-draft). I was looking into possibly picking him up until I saw this news - there's really no reason to own him....
Slayer Rules
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stevekahuda » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:26 pm

I would hold on to him. Hopefully he has a nice start today, and you can just keep him in an SP spot to get K's when he pitches in relief. If you have the bench space that is.
stevekahuda
College Coach
College Coach

Postby cannedcorn » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:46 pm

How quickly we change or minds, after his 1st start he was the greatest thing since sliced bread. What happens if he goes 6 strong today and snags a win? Is he worth holding on to then?
cannedcorn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Slayer Rules » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:58 pm

cannedcorn wrote:How quickly we change or minds, after his 1st start he was the greatest thing since sliced bread. What happens if he goes 6 strong today and snags a win? Is he worth holding on to then?

Meh - it's more how the Dodgers are using him. I considered putting in a claim on him when he first became available but everything I read mentioned "limited innings", "strict pitch counts", etc. so I passed.

He's making this start today and then he'll become a little-if-ever-used bullpen fixture for the remainder of the season, no matter how well he pitches. What's the point of owning him in a re-draft? Sliced bread has a lot on this guy IMO....
Slayer Rules
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pinstripe Pride » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:22 pm

I have him in a keeper league and thats thge only reason he should be on any roster this year and im not knocking him at all but thats the fact
Pinstripe Pride
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Neato Torpedo » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:30 pm

Epic, terrible waste of a very valuable #2 waiver claim in TWO LEAGUES. :-[ :-C :-[ :-C :-[ :-C :-t

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby activechamp2006 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:00 pm

Slayer Rules wrote:
cannedcorn wrote:How quickly we change or minds, after his 1st start he was the greatest thing since sliced bread. What happens if he goes 6 strong today and snags a win? Is he worth holding on to then?

He's making this start today and then he'll become a little-if-ever-used bullpen fixture for the remainder of the season, no matter how well he pitches. What's the point of owning him in a re-draft? Sliced bread has a lot on this guy IMO....

I think you're jumping the gun a bit here.
Theres no way he pitches out of the bullpen the rest of the season after his start today. He may receive limited innings but Joe Torre's not that dumb. He may pitch out of the pen, but I an guarantee it won't be for the rest of the year.
I stll see him having similar value to that of Lincecum of last season.
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby cannedcorn » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:08 pm

Slayer Rules wrote:I stll see him having similar value to that of Lincecum of last season.

TIm Lincecum value from last year? You on drugs sponge bob? Lincecum was, is and always will be better then this guy. Lincecum is something special, enjoy watching the next great pitcher. But this guy....Im not sold.
cannedcorn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yanks_Baby » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:10 pm

cannedcorn wrote:
Slayer Rules wrote:I stll see him having similar value to that of Lincecum of last season.

TIm Lincecum value from last year? You on drugs sponge bob? Lincecum was, is and always will be better then this guy. Lincecum is something special, enjoy watching the next great pitcher. But this guy....Im not sold.

I think he has stuff as nasty as Lince's, just not the maturity of lince, but hes 4 years younger and will develop it.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates