Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Draft Help

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:55 pm

test

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Draft Help

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:32 pm

Firstly, I'd like to say thanks for all the info you guys have provided me in my leagues that I've had to draft for. A lot of the information has been very helpful in my sucess in some leagues. Thanks again ;D

I need some help with a "different" type of draft. There are 25 players (16 start) and each team (12 teams) has 10 dollars at a live draft in person. You have to use the ten dollars to "bid" on players. You don't merely just draft them. When it is your turn that particular round, you place a bid on a player (ex. I bid 75 cents for Sosa). Then you go around in order to all the other teams and they can outbid you. When it comes around back to you either your bid has stayed the highest or someone has put up a higher bid, in which allows you to place the final bid for that player.

My worry is that I'm going to mismanage my ten dollars and spend way too much on a few players and have the rest of my roster be a trash heap. Any suggestions on how to do well in a draft like this? Any draft choice ideas? Anyone have any experience with these type of drafts? Also...do you guys have some sleepers or rookies that likely will do well and will go cheap? Any insight would be helpful...Thanks again!!!

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:20 pm

any thoughts???

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:24 pm

any thoughts???

Return to Baseball Leftovers