Lol, widespread panic :-B

Buy low anybody?
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: JOBA ISNT READY!!!

Postby horste » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:37 pm

WOW! such hate for his first start (must be a lot of Red Sox fans here, and I am a Twins fan). He is/was a great MR with awesome Ratios, so quit the hating.
horste
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cannedcorn » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:41 pm

horste wrote:WOW! such hate for his first start (must be a lot of Red Sox fans here, and I am a Twins fan). He is/was a great MR with awesome Ratios, so quit the hating.

Its not hate its reality, they have no middle relive. 4-5innings pitched isnt going to cut it. I think he eithere
A.moves back to a setup role or
B. Join Phil Hughes in the minors
cannedcorn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jnormy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:12 pm

horste wrote:WOW! such hate for his first start (must be a lot of Red Sox fans here, and I am a Twins fan). He is/was a great MR with awesome Ratios, so quit the hating.

I'm fairly certain most of these responses can be filed under "sarcastic"... ;-7
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby ROC AllStars » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:16 pm

He was on a strict pitch count. If he wasn't limited to around 60 pitches, they would have left him in. They had to either move him to the rotation or demote him to AAA, however, because a middle reliever typically doesn't throw that many pitches. I think we need a bit bigger sample before making sweeping judgments about the rationality of the move or before talking about moving him back to the setup role. I guess its just Yankee fans panicking because its June 3 and they're not in 1st yet. Give him some time.
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby yanks924 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:17 am

wow how about we give the kid some credit as well as the bashing. He was able to get out of the innings when putting himself in trouble. He had good stuff but obviously was not able to harness it. His emotions must have been going crazy in front of 50,000 fans in yankee stadium. The run that was earned came from molina throwing the ball into center field allowing rios to go to third and he scored on a ground out. He had good K numbers and as someone said before he was squeezed. For those of you who dropped him. Round of applause for being retarded. Im excited to see what he can do his next start out.
yanks924
College Coach
College Coach

Postby cannedcorn » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:51 am

Being around 50000 yankee fans would make anyone nervous, and rightfully so. I still have nightmares of the yankee fans invading the inner harbor in Balt City when the yankees come to town

If anyone dropped him shame on them, but how many chances will he get? Lets say Sunday he cant get out of the 2nd or 3rd under his 60 pitch limit. The yanks dont have the bullpen to handle that, not many teams do. Id guess if he doesnt make it to the 5th by start 3 he will be moved.
cannedcorn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jnormy » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:51 am

What the Yankees need is two Jobas. If he starts, their setup men suck. If he's the 8th inning guy, their rotation is thin. Hughes and Kennedy floundering (and then getting hurt) is having a major ripple effect on the entire staff.

Joba will be fine, he's talented and a gamer. The walks won't be an issue as he gets more comfortable, it hasn't been through his career so far... patience, people.
jnormy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby raekwon » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:58 am

cannedcorn wrote:Being around 50000 yankee fans would make anyone nervous, and rightfully so. I still have nightmares of the yankee fans invading the inner harbor in Balt City when the yankees come to town

If anyone dropped him shame on them, but how many chances will he get? Lets say Sunday he cant get out of the 2nd or 3rd under his 60 pitch limit. The yanks dont have the bullpen to handle that, not many teams do. Id guess if he doesnt make it to the 5th by start 3 he will be moved.

obviously you have no idea what they are doing with him. the pitch limit isnt going to stay at 60 pitches, they are stretching him out. also, there is no reason to believe they would put him back to the bullpen unless something like rivera hitting the dl for a while happens.
raekwon
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby cannedcorn » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:37 pm

raekwon wrote:
cannedcorn wrote:obviously you have no idea what they are doing with him. the pitch limit isnt going to stay at 60 pitches, they are stretching him out. also, there is no reason to believe they would put him back to the bullpen unless something like rivera hitting the dl for a while happens.

I know alot more then you think I know. I maybe new at FBB, but by no means new at watching and folllowing the game.
Why is there no reason to believe he will return to a setup guy? Their SP is weak at best and the need I guy who can setup for Marino. Its not like any over the pitchers are coming out there and giving then --8 strong innings? Id say if thier bullpen keeps donking away leads thats a very possiable.

I hope he does well because, I have him.Now this is just a pipe dream but some of the old throw back closers use to pitch 3,4 innings. Rolllie Fingers(great name for a pitcher) is the 1st that comes to mind. Wouldnt that be awesome if they did that with JOBA
cannedcorn
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates