What to do when your fiance leaves you? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What to do when your fiance leaves you?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What to do when your fiance leaves you?

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:35 am

Now the wife makes you watch The Bachelorette? See, that's a lot worse. You can at least gawk at 25 women watching The Bachelor. :-b
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 451)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:51 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:Now the wife makes you watch The Bachelorette? See, that's a lot worse. You can at least gawk at 25 women watching The Bachelor. :-b

Well, I have no problem watching the Bachelor for your stated reasons.

The Bachelorette is unfortunate due to the amount of dudes, but this season is actually okay as the girl's a pretty good catch overall. Eye-candy central. The dudes are all major toolboxes, which makes for an obviously painful watch..

It's a necessary compromise. We have one good TV hooked up to the cable. I watch a baseball game for 2-3 hours a night. I've gotta give in.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:59 am

OneLoveBoomer wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:Now the wife makes you watch The Bachelorette? See, that's a lot worse. You can at least gawk at 25 women watching The Bachelor. :-b

Well, I have no problem watching the Bachelor for your stated reasons.

The Bachelorette is unfortunate due to the amount of dudes, but this season is actually okay as the girl's a pretty good catch overall. Eye-candy central. The dudes are all major toolboxes, which makes for an obviously painful watch..

It's a necessary compromise. We have one good TV hooked up to the cable. I watch a baseball game for 2-3 hours a night. I've gotta give in.

Why isn't your avatar a man squished under a big thumb?
:-D
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 143)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:55 pm

OneLoveBoomer wrote:It's a necessary compromise. We have one good TV hooked up to the cable. I watch a baseball game for 2-3 hours a night. I've gotta give in.

Well, now you know what you should save your money for. That is, if the wife hasn't tapped into that money in the same way she hogs the remote. :-b

From the sounds of things, it sounds like she's getting the better of this so-called compromise. :-b
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:15 pm

I think it's a good deal, I don't complain. Think about it. We both get home around 5:00 - 6:00. White Sox games come on at 6:00 or 7:00, so I watch it pretty much all the way to 9 or 10PM. That's some serious prime time TV hogging on my part. Before and after that time, she works in her DVR'ed Bachelor, Grey's Anatomy, etc. Then she falls asleep and I throw on Baseball Tonight. It's a solid deal.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:05 pm

Hope you are feeling better - but I will echo the sentiments of most - time is the only thing that really helps. It might sound cliche, but it's true. Found out this weekend is that my long time g/f that became an ex that I believed I was going to marry is getting engaged to her HS sweetheart. Thems the breaks sometimes, but as the weeks turn into months and months into years, you will find another and it will all seem to make sense. And if you don't find another, like I have not, you will realize that most women are a waste of time and effort. Enjoy them in short spurts and lead a nag free existence. ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:45 am

pokerplaya wrote:Found out this weekend is that my long time g/f that became an ex that I believed I was going to marry is getting engaged to her HS sweetheart.

This might sound a little cheeky, but I think people being so hasty to marry their high school sweethearts are odd. For example, I know 20 people from high school that married their high school sweethearts within 5 years of graduating from HS. What's worse? They stayed in the same community. Why? I don't know, but there's a tradition at my old high school where three or four generations attended the same old high school...and it's not just one family. It's like 15 families with a massive legacy and these families sometimes marry into each other a few more times. I know 15 other people that didn't marry their high school sweethearts, but they married someone from the same 'ol high school network, sometimes just being a mere acquaintance. I know 50 people from high school in all that are married. I think that's insane. True, there was a time when I thought I'd marry by age 22-23, but I don't understand the whole marriage concept anymore. I just don't. I guess I've forgotten how it must've felt like back then. :-?
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:05 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:Found out this weekend is that my long time g/f that became an ex that I believed I was going to marry is getting engaged to her HS sweetheart.

This might sound a little cheeky, but I think people being so hasty to marry their high school sweethearts are odd. For example, I know 20 people from high school that married their high school sweethearts within 5 years of graduating from HS. What's worse? They stayed in the same community. Why? I don't know, but there's a tradition at my old high school where three or four generations attended the same old high school...and it's not just one family. It's like 15 families with a massive legacy and these families sometimes marry into each other a few more times. I know 15 other people that didn't marry their high school sweethearts, but they married someone from the same 'ol high school network, sometimes just being a mere acquaintance. I know 50 people from high school in all that are married. I think that's insane. True, there was a time when I thought I'd marry by age 22-23, but I don't understand the whole marriage concept anymore. I just don't. I guess I've forgotten how it must've felt like back then. :-?

I'm not sure if California is one of the states where it's legalized, but there may be hope for you yet. O:-)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 814)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:38 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:

I'm not sure if California is one of the states where it's legalized, but there may be hope for you yet. O:-)

No they didn't, but knapplc will be 100% over the recent marriage ruling.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Previous

Return to General Talk