100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Whats up with my HanRam?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Whats up with my HanRam?

Postby cannedcorn » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:03 pm

Slow Pitch wrote:Make that for today..

2 HRs 3 Rbi's, 3 R's 1 SB

Including the go ahead HR for the Marlins in the 9th!

Im telling you he reads these forums. He knows we need him to step it up
cannedcorn
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KrunK » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:18 pm

KrunK wrote:I'm not too worried, he's batting lead off and still getting hits, it's just that no one is on base when he gets them, which is beyond his control. I'd much rather they move back into the #3 hole, but whatever maybe they'll figure this out once he goes a month without a RBI. I own him in one Y! league and I wouldn't sell him any lower then I would have a month ago when he was raking. He's in a slump, had some issues with his thumb, and is still showing signs of life by hitting the ball. All it will take is one strong week or two and he'll bounce back into fantasy owners hearts just like Braun/Howard/Hart did and what Prince is trying to right now. I didn't bench Howard one time all season and he had 8HR's in 14 games. I did the same with Teix in another league and he just went on a little HR streak. The numbers will be there in the end, so I would just sit back and wait.

;-D

This is why I don't worry too much about my fantasy studs, they always get it back together eventually.
Credit to smoovethug on the sig
KrunK
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thejusman1 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:02 pm

Yayy!! Hanram is back!
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby madstork43 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:32 pm

Well, he smacked two dingers today vs. the Braves...

Be patient... he is a freak....
madstork43
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby cubs2238 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:35 pm

My God why do so many people panick when someone has a slump? I used a number 3 pick on the guy and I knew he would come back with a fury. The kid is a beast! How does he compare with Rollins?!? Was Rollins a consensus number two or three pick in the draft? Hanley is going to be, barring injuries, the third best player in baseball for years to come.....only behind A-Rod and Pujols.

And people are calling Hanley a premadonna because he started slumping after he signed his contract?!? It's not like he's had an off year, he had an off couple of weeks. Every player in baseball has an off couple of weeks. Since none of us will probably ever know what it's like to sign a contract of that size, I would say it's safe to guess that it would be a lot of pressure going out and playing after signing a deal that big, knowing that an entire franchise is riding on your back. I would say that's a lot of mental strain for any player, let alone a young kid like Hanley.

He's not a premadonna, he is one of the best, most liked guys in the sport. He is going to produce amazing numbers and everyone should just enjoy it and ride out the occasional slumps just as you would when A-Rod or Pujols or any other first round pick is going to give you. Just enjoy his work at the end of the year and hopefully it will help lead you to many more titles.
cubs2238
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates