Whats up with my HanRam? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Whats up with my HanRam?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Whats up with my HanRam?

Postby cannedcorn » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:49 pm

0-5 last night went, -2 for me again!

They pay him 70 million and he just stops working? Geeeezzzz what a premadona.Should I be worried or just wait it out?
cannedcorn
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Whats up with my HanRam?

Postby ROC AllStars » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:05 pm

I have the same problem. We have no choice, IMO, but to wait it out, simply because he was our top (or nearly top) pick. I don't think there is too much to worry about, he'll come around.
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby thejusman1 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:42 pm

Agreed. Since the signing of the contract and his precarious fall, I've been getting my fair share of low-ball Hanley offers. You just have to sit tight and hope this guy gets his act together.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby activechamp2006 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:56 pm

The problem is he finally came back to Earth!
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby cannedcorn » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:56 pm

activechamp2006 wrote:The problem is he finally came back to Earth!

Thats abusrd..

The guy had 145ish FBB points about three weeks ago in my league. As of today he has 153. So 8 FBB points in the 2/12 3 weeks? Goes 0-5 last night? Those arent coming back to earth numbers those are....If I didnt draft you so high Id drop your azz numbers. The guy was a mortal lock for 50 plus SB. He hasnt stole a base since May 8th. I realize that before the season they said he would attempt less steals but his power numbers should go up. Well steals are down and no power to go with it.

Me personally I think he got paid and said F it Im rich I can do what I want.....typical premadona pro baseball player behavior.

Just hit a double...maybe he read this
cannedcorn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Carew7 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:25 pm

whoa whoa guys ... i didnt realize that young players weren't aloud to have slumps...
Carew7
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby YerInUrine » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:21 pm

Buy low(er)
YerInUrine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby activechamp2006 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:10 am

cannedcorn wrote:
activechamp2006 wrote:The problem is he finally came back to Earth!

Thats abusrd..

The guy had 145ish FBB points about three weeks ago in my league. As of today he has 153. So 8 FBB points in the 2/12 3 weeks? Goes 0-5 last night? Those arent coming back to earth numbers those are....If I didnt draft you so high Id drop your azz numbers. The guy was a mortal lock for 50 plus SB. He hasnt stole a base since May 8th. I realize that before the season they said he would attempt less steals but his power numbers should go up. Well steals are down and no power to go with it.

Me personally I think he got paid and said F it Im rich I can do what I want.....typical premadona pro baseball player behavior.

Just hit a double...maybe he read this

Actually no, it is coming back to earth numbers. Everything has evened itself out. Not in the sense that he's going to play the way he's been playing over the last month for the remainer of the season. But more in the sense that he's not the #1 fantasy player in the league, which is how he played the first month.
I wouldn't say no power, he's on pace for over 20 hr's which is about what I had him pegged at. It's not like anyone could expect the kid to hit 35 hr's. He's on pace for right around 40 steals.
20+hrs and 40+stls with right around a 300avg and 120+runs. sounds about right to me.
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Postby cannedcorn » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:45 am

"what I had him pegged at"

Who are you.

Tonight was his 1st RBI since may 7th....this isnt down earth.
cannedcorn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby KrunK » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:21 am

I'm not too worried, he's batting lead off and still getting hits, it's just that no one is on base when he gets them, which is beyond his control. I'd much rather they move back into the #3 hole, but whatever maybe they'll figure this out once he goes a month without a RBI. I own him in one Y! league and I wouldn't sell him any lower then I would have a month ago when he was raking. He's in a slump, had some issues with his thumb, and is still showing signs of life by hitting the ball. All it will take is one strong week or two and he'll bounce back into fantasy owners hearts just like Braun/Howard/Hart did and what Prince is trying to right now. I didn't bench Howard one time all season and he had 8HR's in 14 games. I did the same with Teix in another league and he just went on a little HR streak. The numbers will be there in the end, so I would just sit back and wait.

cannedcorn wrote:"what I had him pegged at"

Who are you.

Tonight was his 1st RBI since may 7th....this isnt down earth.

He didn't have an RBI tonight :~(
Credit to smoovethug on the sig
KrunK
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates