Zimmerman's future - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Zimmerman's future

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Zimmerman's future

Postby Russell James » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:51 pm

I don't know what to think about this guy to be honest. Every year I hear great things about him, which causes me to hold onto him in my dynasty league. I have Lowell so I can afford to wait a year or so for this guy to develop.

What are your thoughts on this guy. Will he be a solid 3B, above average 3B or an elite 3B in 5 years. Is he capable of batting around .300?
Russell James
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Zimmerman's future

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:56 pm

well two injuries already to a wrist and shoulder certainly do not bode well for his power. its still very early though and he still has the potential to be a top 3b in the league.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:00 pm

He's still young
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby great gretzky » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:55 pm

He's still young, and he does have talent. But is it 35 home run talent, or is he more of a 25-27 HR with 90 rbi type? That team is BAD, and he presses a lot because he is the face of the franchise. I mean how many teams would be realistically be the best offensive player? I can't think of many. He's a quality player, for sure, but that team isn't going to improve by leaps and bounds any time soon offensively, even if I think it was smart of them to get milledge and dukes. Maybe lineup protection is something of a myth, but that lineup just isn't all that, and won't produce a lot.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Yoda » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:16 pm

great gretzky wrote:He's still young, and he does have talent. But is it 35 home run talent, or is he more of a 25-27 HR with 90 rbi type? That team is BAD, and he presses a lot because he is the face of the franchise. I mean how many teams would be realistically be the best offensive player? I can't think of many. He's a quality player, for sure, but that team isn't going to improve by leaps and bounds any time soon offensively, even if I think it was smart of them to get milledge and dukes. Maybe lineup protection is something of a myth, but that lineup just isn't all that, and won't produce a lot.

He reminds me of a young Scott Rolen. Injuries and unable to tap full potential. I think he will have a couple of monster seasons but I doubt he will be a perennial super star.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Field » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:21 pm

This is what I just had typed in before I saw Yoda's post:

I could certainly see him travel a similar path to Scott Rolen in his career. I don't think he's ever going to be a dominant offensive player (might have 1 MVP calibur season), but his defense will certainly be excellent.

So I guess we are in agreement :-o
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby great gretzky » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:26 pm

sounds about right, although I don't think its coming quite that soon. God, that team is bad.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby activechamp2006 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:27 pm

Yoda wrote:
great gretzky wrote:He's still young, and he does have talent. But is it 35 home run talent, or is he more of a 25-27 HR with 90 rbi type? That team is BAD, and he presses a lot because he is the face of the franchise. I mean how many teams would be realistically be the best offensive player? I can't think of many. He's a quality player, for sure, but that team isn't going to improve by leaps and bounds any time soon offensively, even if I think it was smart of them to get milledge and dukes. Maybe lineup protection is something of a myth, but that lineup just isn't all that, and won't produce a lot.

He reminds me of a young Scott Rolen. Injuries and unable to tap full potential. I think he will have a couple of monster seasons but I doubt he will be a perennial super star.

Beat me to it. Scott Rolen is the first name that came to mind. There K/BB numbers are similar.
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers