What's a Typical/Good Team Batting Average? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Beginner's Forum

What's a Typical/Good Team Batting Average?

Re: What's a Typical/Good Team Batting Average?

Postby IronBird » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:33 am

I'm sitting at .289 with the likes of Pujols, Kinsler, Doumit, Nady, DeJesus and Ichiro. Beltre is my lowest everyday starter with a .257 right now (probably his high for the season) and I'm in 1st in my 12 team league in average, .005 points ahead of 2nd.
"Don't worry, the fans don't start booing until July."

- Earl Weaver
IronBird
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TomBrooklyn » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:13 am

After my OP on Jun 3, my Ave quickly slipped a couple of points back to around .268 and back to 2pts from 5pts (out of 10 points. 2pts is 9th place, 5 pts is 6th place.)

My AVE slowly deteriorated to as low as .266. This last week it recovered to almost .270 (.2698). That would have gotten me 5 points a couple of months ago, but everyones AVE has gone up and I still have only 2pts. (9th place.)

I am 3rd in Rs, tied for 5th in HRs, and tied for 6th in RBIs. I'm 3rd in SBs. Not spectacular, but not bad. I can't figure out why my AVE is so bad.

My roster has changed a little since I my OP. These guys don't seem that bad. Berkman has slowed down. Utley's been off a little (hip.) Uggla was out and he's still hurting I guess (ankle.) That would explain some of the problem.

ESPN 10 Team Roto 5x5 R HR RBI SB AVE W K SV ERA WHIP
C Russ Martin, LAD
1B Lance Berkman, Hou 1B, OF
2B Chase Utley, Phi
3B Mark Reynolds, Ari
SS Mike Young, Tex SS
2B/SS D Uggla, Fla 2B
1B/3B Aubrey Huff, Bal 1B, 3B, DH
OF Milt Bradley, Tx OF DH
OF X Nady Pit OF
OF A Rios, Tor OF
OF Raul Ibanez, Sea OF
OF H Pence, Hou OF
UTIL Orldo Cabrera, CWS SS
TomBrooklyn Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jmudukes2008 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:02 am

Batting averages in fantasy are hard...you have to be patient to see improvement. However, if you feel like you're stuck at where you're at, or if you're in a downward spiral, drop a bench player or a 2nd tier starter (being that you have 5 all-star starters), and pick up a guy like dioner navarro or alexei ramirez. Although they aren't amazing fantasy players because of their lack of rbi and homerun production, they both have very good averages and should help your team out!

July 4th, 4:51 pm: Big Pelf is going to be an all out star...Pick him up before someone else does.
jmudukes2008
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby TomBrooklyn » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:38 pm

I actually dropped Kazmir and Volquez and Micheal Young DTD and picked up Alexie Ramirez and Lastings Milledge and Melvin Mora to start Yesterday (Monday). Then I grabbed Kazmir back to start him today. I'll let Volquez sit on the wire. He been pretty spotty last 4-5 outings. I'm not even sure I want him back.

I hope to get Young back, but I'll let him sit out for a while while his finger heals. Most of the other teams in my league are not active so I have good chance no one will snatch him up on me. With the extra openings, I've loaded up on RPs even more (I have 7 now) to try to make a run at 2nd if not 1st place in SVs. I have to catch up 24 and 64 to do that.

My All Star SPs have been a disaster since the All-Star break and I lost my 1st place lead in Ks and Ws and WHIP too. Hopefully all those RPs will help me catch up if it's possible.

Milledge and Mora don't have great AVE on the season, but they do the last 30 days. I need R, HRs and RBIs too though. If I give up much there to get average, I may just break even by advancing one and slipping in the other.

So after all those moves I had every spot filled on Monday and guess what I batted?...... .184 dropping me back even more solidly into 9th place. At least Milledge stole a base. I'm 2nd in the league and 3nd in SBs and I have an outside chance to catch the league leader in SBs.

A lot of my batters have just been underperforming I think...Berkman, Utley, Uggla, Pence especially.
TomBrooklyn Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jmudukes2008 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:49 am

I know man, Uggla has been KILLING my team. I traded him for Ludwick/Johnathon Sanchez in a keeper league, and although I'm not regretting it for the long-term, this year I certainly am. I'm just letting him sit on my bench until he figures himself out, and hopefully he will for both our sakes!

July 4th, 4:51 pm: Big Pelf is going to be an all out star...Pick him up before someone else does.
jmudukes2008
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby TomBrooklyn » Fri May 29, 2009 7:33 pm

This year I drafted for batting and didn't take a pitcher until the 9th round. It's also in a 10 team league.

I was leading the league in Average for a long time at around .292, and now I'm running around 2nd-3rd with .283 to .285. The league leader is at .293.
TomBrooklyn Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Beginner's Forum