June 6, 2008 Mookie Wilson Day - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

June 6, 2008 Mookie Wilson Day

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

June 6, 2008 Mookie Wilson Day

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:41 am

Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: June 6, 2008 Mookie Wilson Day

Postby mweir145 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:26 am

I think I was watching that night and he didn't even show up. Pat Tabler did it instead I believe.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby CineMamet » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:54 pm

Pat Tabler! Ha! Forgot about that guy.

Do the old Jays still get coverage in Toronto? Haven't been to the city since '94. Like are there Tony Fernandez nights, does Dave Stieb work for the Jays, Alfredo Griffin own a car wash, etc.?
Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember me from such nature films as "Earwigs: Ewwww" and "Man vs. Nature: The Road to Victory."
CineMamet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby zepfan » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:26 pm

CineMamet wrote:Pat Tabler! Ha! Forgot about that guy.

Do the old Jays still get coverage in Toronto? Haven't been to the city since '94. Like are there Tony Fernandez nights, does Dave Stieb work for the Jays, Alfredo Griffin own a car wash, etc.?

Some of the old Jays are still in the picture to some extent. Rance Mulliniks is the colour guy on Sportsnet which carries most of the televised games. Jesse Barfield has been in the booth quite a bit the last couple months too so I dunno if he's gonna be a regular or if it's just a temporary thing. Tony Fernandez was recently inducted into the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame and made a nice speech. And you do tend to see a lot of ex-Jays on Michael Landsberg's Off The Record which is kind of cool. I've seen Dave Stieb. True to his old form he didn't have very much to say, he was never the warmest guy towards the media and didn't seem to like interviews very much so I was kind of surprised to see him on there. I've seen Mike Flanagan and some others on there as well.

Ernie Whitt is a coach on the team and Cito is back too so I'm pretty sure the old faces will never really be forgotten. I know they will always have a special place in my heart, I love the 80's Jays. :-)

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby CineMamet » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:15 pm

zepfan wrote:
CineMamet wrote:Pat Tabler! Ha! Forgot about that guy.

Some of the old Jays are still in the picture to some extent. Rance Mulliniks is the colour guy on Sportsnet which carries most of the televised games. Jesse Barfield has been in the booth quite a bit the last couple months too so I dunno if he's gonna be a regular or if it's just a temporary thing. Tony Fernandez was recently inducted into the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame and made a nice speech. And you do tend to see a lot of ex-Jays on Michael Landsberg's Off The Record which is kind of cool. I've seen Dave Stieb. True to his old form he didn't have very much to say, he was never the warmest guy towards the media and didn't seem to like interviews very much so I was kind of surprised to see him on there. I've seen Mike Flanagan and some others on there as well.

Ernie Whitt is a coach on the team and Cito is back too so I'm pretty sure the old faces will never really be forgotten. I know they will always have a special place in my heart, I love the 80's Jays. :-)

Sweet. Wish I could see all of that. Between Mulliniks, Stieb, and Flanagan, we had some groovy facial hair. Good to see some of the guys are still honored and there is still enthusiasm for the Jays. Where is Tom Henke today?
Speaking of the Canadian Hall of Fame: Why was Sparky Anderson inducted?
Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember me from such nature films as "Earwigs: Ewwww" and "Man vs. Nature: The Road to Victory."
CineMamet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Toronto Blue Jays