Will the Rays win the AL East? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will the Rays win the AL East?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Will the Rays win the division?

Yes
22%
No
78%

Total votes : 50

Re: Will the Rays win the AL East?

Postby siQ_innovation » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:42 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
siQ_innovation wrote:Too much talent in the AL East for the Rays to win it this year. I'm thinking down the line within the next 3, it's a strong strong possibility. But a wild card isn't completely out of reach for my Rays. B-)

Who knows, with Pena playing quite poorly up until hitting the DL today, maybe the team will play better? :-?

Why on earth would you think they will play better with the guy with the 2nd most RBI and most home runs on the team sidelined? He may be inconsistent, but it is fairly obvious that he is an important part of this team

Uhhh, it's called sarcasm hence the confused face.

Props to RyanK for the Sig.
siQ_innovation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:09 pm

siQ_innovation wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
siQ_innovation wrote:Too much talent in the AL East for the Rays to win it this year. I'm thinking down the line within the next 3, it's a strong strong possibility. But a wild card isn't completely out of reach for my Rays. B-)

Who knows, with Pena playing quite poorly up until hitting the DL today, maybe the team will play better? :-?

Why on earth would you think they will play better with the guy with the 2nd most RBI and most home runs on the team sidelined? He may be inconsistent, but it is fairly obvious that he is an important part of this team

Uhhh, it's called sarcasm hence the confused face.

thats a thinking face, not confused ;-) :-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dweenmachine » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:16 am

Field wrote:
thedude wrote:
Field wrote:
!+) I've heard severals stories about Hazel Mae, apparently she enjoys Hockey players as well.... :-X

On the Bonds issue, if Ortiz is out of the year and the Sox can't acquire Tex for a discount given his contract status then I honestly think they would consider Bonds. He can certainly hit/get on base and Fracona knows how to deal with personalities....but still, what a circus that would create (even bigger than it already is), it would certainly be entertaining to stay the least.

Hazel is gone from NESN, at the end of June.

Now that could certainly tip the balance of power in the East ;-7

On a serious note, where did you hear that she was leaving NESN?

Sorry to hijack this Tampa Bay thread, but to answer your question, it was reported in the Herald today that Hazel is leaving. Apparently NESN is too cheap and Hazel told them where to go...
The Herald then went on to reference an old quote of hers that went something like, "I wouldn't have taken the job if they wouldn't let me date players."
It's too bad, I'm gonna miss Hazel's wonderful sports pieces ;-7
There are rumors that she could be headed to ESPN, so I suspect that we'll be seeing her again soon ;-D
And back to the point of this thread... Sox are back in 1st place :-D
dweenmachine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cards05 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:56 am

xeifrank wrote:All I care is that they make the playoffs. I got 150:1 odds in Vegas before the season started on the Rays to win the World Series. Still a long shot, but you gotta like their chances now with those odds. :)
vr, Xei $$$

Me too, sir. Got it at Bill's Gambling Hall during the first weekend of March Madness. I also took the no-brainer over/under over bet on 74 wins. If they pull off the longshot Series win, I'm putting a mini theatre in my basement :-D
cards05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers