utley is a monster - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

utley is a monster

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: utley is a monster

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:59 am

the funny part is that he has more home runs than david wright and carlos beltran combined, which is more than enough for me. ;-D

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CruiseJD » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:36 am

The interesting question to me is what will he do the remainder of the season?

He is on pace for 130/57/141 (160 games). What are your projections?
CruiseJD
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Giambis » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:55 pm

CruiseJD wrote:The interesting question to me is what will he do the remainder of the season?

Sounds a little low. He has gone deep in 5 straight, and apparently he's willing to run through signs to score runs, so I'll up it 150 runs, 85 homeruns, most of which will apparently be solo shots.

No 3 homerun games though.
Giambis
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:57 pm

CruiseJD wrote:The interesting question to me is what will he do the remainder of the season?

well i dont think he'll hit 57 hr, but possibly 45. 130 rbi and 125 runs dont seem to be out of the equation either. i think a lot will depend on if howard goes into one of his hot streaks. if he's still struggling with a low .200 avg come august or september, utley will see fewer and fewer pitches. dont forget, utley will probably have about 20 sb's too.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BJSFAN123 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:05 pm

Something like 40-45 HR/130 rbi/125-130 runs/16 sb

I'm leaning more towards 40 HR instead of 45

Baseball is a streaky game, it wasn't too long ago there was a post complaining about his 1HR in last 20 game slump or whatever it was.
Last edited by BJSFAN123 on Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:08 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:

well i dont think he'll hit 57 hr, but possibly 45. 130 rbi and 125 runs dont seem to be out of the equation either. i think a lot will depend on if howard goes into one of his hot streaks. if he's still struggling with a low .200 avg come august or september, utley will see fewer and fewer pitches. dont forget, utley will probably have about 20 sb's too.

Because he's swiped 6 thus far? He's never stolen 20 and if he steals more than 15 this year I'll be shocked.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:09 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:

Because he's swiped 6 thus far? He's never stolen 20 and if he steals more than 15 this year I'll be shocked.

I should also add that it's hard to steal bases while you're too busy hitting home runs. :-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:11 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:

well he did steal 16 his first season as a starter and missed oh, about 100 abs, so you could assume that in 100-120 plate appearances, he would have snagged another 4 sb.

its out of the realm of possibility that utley will steal 10-13 more bases in the next 4 months?? not to mention he's 6 for 6 this year and is a career 85 % base stealer.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:15 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:well i dont think he'll hit 57 hr, but possibly 45. 130 rbi and 125 runs dont seem to be out of the equation either. i think a lot will depend on if howard goes into one of his hot streaks. if he's still struggling with a low .200 avg come august or september, utley will see fewer and fewer pitches. dont forget, utley will probably have about 20 sb's too.

well he did steal 16 his first season as a starter and missed oh, about 100 abs, so you could assume that in 100-120 plate appearances, he would have snagged another 4 sb.

its out of the realm of possibility that utley will steal 10-13 more bases in the next 4 months?? not to mention he's 6 for 6 this year and is a career 85 % base stealer.

Oh I don't think he won't reach 20 not because he'll get caught too many times. I just don't expect him to be the guy running if he continues to swing a bat near as hot as he has so far this season, when there are legs like Victorino's and Rollins' who can run for you. I do think that Utley swiping 6 thus far may have to do with Rollins missing time in the early going.

I would love for him to steal 20, but I just don't see him surpassing 15.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:18 pm

if howard struggles and/or burrell gets dinged up, the middle of the phils lineup is not all that deep. sure werth or jenkins would slide up into the 5 hole or whatever, but if thats the case, i see utley doing a little more to create some more offense.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers