wth? star wars: the clone wars? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

wth? star wars: the clone wars?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: wth? star wars: the clone wars?

Postby Yoda » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:46 pm

I can't wait until Lucas adds new scenes to Episodes I, II, III and release them in the theaters in 10 years. :-B
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fezzik » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:59 pm

I grew up a big star wars fan, loved episodes IV, V, and VI...felt kind of meh about episodes I, II, and III...although I knew they would never be as good as the originals.

Not sure how I feel about this animated version...it looks fine...I'll probably watch it at some point because it's star wars, but it doesn't get me all excited. On a side note, my brother just bought his first house and his wife made him get rid of all his star wars stuff...so he gave it all to me to add to my nostalgic toy collection (which I have boxed up and which already consists of a large amount of stars wars stuff and transformers). Score... ;-)

I just hope my future wife is a bit more understanding...It's not like I plan on displaying them throughout my house...maybe one or two things in my office, but that's it! :-b
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Yoda » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:09 pm

fezzik wrote:I grew up a big star wars fan, loved episodes IV, V, and VI...felt kind of meh about episodes I, II, and III...although I knew they would never be as good as the originals.

Not sure how I feel about this animated version...it looks fine...I'll probably watch it at some point because it's star wars, but it doesn't get me all excited. On a side note, my brother just bought his first house and his wife made him get rid of all his star wars stuff...so he gave it all to me to add to my nostalgic toy collection (which I have boxed up and which already consists of a large amount of stars wars stuff and transformers). Score... ;-)

I just hope my future wife is a bit more understanding...It's not like I plan on displaying them throughout my house...maybe one or two things in my office, but that's it! :-b

Yeah right you are a 40 yo virgin... :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby fezzik » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:19 pm

Yoda wrote:
fezzik wrote:I grew up a big star wars fan, loved episodes IV, V, and VI...felt kind of meh about episodes I, II, and III...although I knew they would never be as good as the originals.

Yeah right you are a 40 yo virgin... :-D

29 year old collector of fine 80's memorabilia maybe...and, surprisingly, I don't seem to have any problem with the ladies...despite my collection of fineries. :-D

I think they just don't know when they first meet me...all they see is a good-natured dopey smile...it's only later when the truth is revealed. ;-)
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Yoda » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:11 pm

fezzik wrote:39 year old collector of nerdy 80's memorabilia maybe...and, surprisingly, I seem to hav problem with the ladies...due to my collection of fineries. :-D

I think they just don't know when they first meet me...all they see is a good-natured dope...it's only later when the truth is revealed. ;-)

fixed :-D
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:24 pm

Don't feel bad Fezzik, I'm in the same boat as you. I was never into the Star Wars thing, but I've got plenty of dorky stuff just the same I'll probably never get rid of. (My wife says I'm a hoarder and she may not be entirely wrong :-b)

I've got a closet full of old-

Comic Books (hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of worthless comics)
Boxes of NES, SNES, N64, and original Playstation games. (with their original boxes in many cases... :*))
Boxes of old Magic: The Gathering cards (just in case I ever hang out with JT...)
A full set of the original Garbage Pail Kids... even I'm not sure why I haven't pitched those.

They never come out of my office closet... but I can't bring myself to sell them all either. :-°
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby fezzik » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:16 pm

Yoda wrote:
fezzik wrote:39 year old collector of nerdy 80's memorabilia maybe...and, surprisingly, I seem to hav problem with the ladies...due to my collection of fineries. :-D

I think they just don't know when they first meet me...all they see is a good-natured dope...it's only later when the truth is revealed. ;-)

fixed :-D

Probably more accurate anyway... :-D

At least I'm still good-natured in your version. :-b
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby fezzik » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:27 pm

Simulacrum wrote:Don't feel bad Fezzik, I'm in the same boat as you. I was never into the Star Wars thing, but I've got plenty of dorky stuff just the same I'll probably never get rid of. (My wife says I'm a hoarder and she may not be entirely wrong :-b)

Boxes of NES, SNES, N64, and original Playstation games. (with their original boxes in many cases... :*))
Boxes of old Magic: The Gathering cards (just in case I ever hang out with JT...)
A full set of the original Garbage Pail Kids... even I'm not sure why I haven't pitched those.

They never come out of my office closet... but I can't bring myself to sell them all either. :-°

I have all those things buried in my parents attic somewhere...TBH my brother trumps me by far...I was more into sports, he was more into collecting. I was always playing football, soccer, baseball, bowling, etc...I have a competitive fix I need to get regularly otherwise I go crazy. My bro has complete sets (in bindered pages) of Garbage Pail Kids series 1 to 16. He has a complete set of Beta and Arabian Nights for MTG Cards (still quite valuable)...I still have a bunch of old one's myself, but nothing approaching his collection.

I have a bunch of gaming consoles I never use...

I play fantasy sports...

Yet still the ladies find me irresistible...go figure. O:-) :-D
Last edited by fezzik on Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:41 pm

Simulacrum wrote:

me too...i'd say at least 8 boxes worth of late 80's/early 90's DC, Marvel and Image...mostly Batman, Spiderman, Mutant Titles, Ghostrider and Spawn...and probably every stupid gimmick crossover and/or foil embossed glow in the dark get all 5 alternate art covers issue :,-( along with all the Toy-Biz X-men, X-force, X-cetra and Marvel toys)

Simulacrum wrote:Boxes of NES, SNES, N64, and original Playstation games.

i still have a NES although i think the only game i have is A Boy and His Blob, a Genesis (with origonal Sega adapter), Sega CD, SNES, PS1, PS2 but my prize is the Atari 2600 with such gems as Jungle Hunt, Q-bert, etc
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby knapplc » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:07 pm

I have about 300 star wars action figures set up on shelves in my office. They collect dust quite nicely, and they're something to look at.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk