Highest team points you've seen - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Highest team points you've seen

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Highest team points you've seen

Postby jondunc » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:37 pm

Bobbleheadrusty wrote:Yeah. My 5x5 redraft is usually won in the 80s. How someone can pull that far away is hard to believe without playing with morons.

I understand your point, but I feel like my PLUS leagues have been pretty darn strong the last three years. Oh well, like I said, next year I'll try to get in a Cafe league.
2008: 37th ranked Yahoo PLUS Rotisserie Public team (24 weeks in top 45, 9 weeks as #1)
2006: 18th ranked Yahoo PLUS Rotisserie Public team (17 weeks in top 35)
jondunc
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Grounded Polo » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:40 pm

Right now, my best roto team has 100.5 points. I've had a bunch of teams over 110 by this time but those were Yahoo pubs like 5 years ago, total cakewalk.

Points doesn't matter much though. I won 1 league last year with 96.5 points and another finished third with 98. :-/
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Spartans Rule » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:22 pm

jondunc wrote:
Bobbleheadrusty wrote:Yeah. My 5x5 redraft is usually won in the 80s. How someone can pull that far away is hard to believe without playing with morons.

I understand your point, but I feel like my PLUS leagues have been pretty darn strong the last three years. Oh well, like I said, next year I'll try to get in a Cafe league.

It's hard to convince anyone that your 5x5 league is competitive when you have 110+ points, but sometimes you're just that lucky. If I had asked cafe experts to predict my league standings preseason, I doubt if anyone would've put my team first. Hell, I wouldn't have put my team first.
Spartans Rule
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DeadWinterDay » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:57 pm

well, in my main league I had 106 out of 110 on May 1st...knocked down to 95 now. Still well in front. id venture to guess there are 4 teams with a legit chance to win it still, its all people i know from work so its not 100% competitive but its quite top heavy.

in my espn league i started slow im up by 20 points now (only 3 people are active so it really doesnt count). i did a draft and ditch (didnt touch the team once during the regular season) in espn last year and came in 2nd, which shows you how competitive they are. but i could potentially run the board here.

but in my 10 team 4x4 weekly cbs league last week we had 6 teams with 50-52 points, pretty competitive id say
DeadWinterDay
College Coach
College Coach

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:13 pm

Points don't really mean a lot unless you consider the league setting behind it...I could say have a team that has 150 points!!!!......in a 10x10 league.

It would be better to look at how many points a team has out of the possible points they could get. 100 points out of like 140 possible points is meh. 85 points out of 90 points is yay.
JasonSeahorn Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers