Josh Willingham - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Josh Willingham

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Josh Willingham

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:40 am

news from rotoworld..
The Miami Herald reports that Josh Willingham (back) "isn't sounding overly optimistic" about his return from the disabled list.
Willingham has been out since late April and has yet to even take batting practice. The newspaper speculates that he may eventually require surgery to repair a herniated disk.

if he ends up having surgery, would that be season ending?
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Josh Willingham

Postby jblank » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:54 am

Probably. Back surgeries are traditonally something you need to have a long recovery from. Rush back and he could make it considerably worse.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby beagle » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:21 pm

Thanks to KFFL for getting my hopes up and thus making my decision to trade for him last week

"May 28 Joe Frisaro, of Marlins.MLB.com, reports Florida Marlins OF Josh Willingham (back) may start swinging a bat as early as this weekend if he is able to complete several physical tests. Manager Fredi Gonzalez said Willingham will have to get some at-bats in the minor leagues before being activated from the 15-day disabled list. "

That was 5 days ago, and now possible surgery... UGH!
beagle
College Coach
College Coach

Postby KrunK » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:52 am

Man I hope not, I've got him stashed on the DL in one league and I was planning on picking him up in another when he got off the DL.
Credit to smoovethug on the sig
KrunK
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:02 am

KrunK wrote:Man I hope not, I've got him stashed on the DL in one league and I was planning on picking him up in another when he got off the DL.

Yeah, I agree. I just stashed him as well, in the hopes he can find the rhythm he started the season with sometime before July/August ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby beagle » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:25 am

The Palm Beach Post reports Florida Marlins OF Josh Willingham (back), who has been out since April 28 with a lower back strain, took 20 swings, hitting a ball off a tee, at about 80 percent effort. "It felt good,'' Willingham said. "But we'll have to wait and see how it feels Tuesday because I've felt good before and it tightened up later.''
beagle
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:50 pm

this is from rototimes.com
Florida outfielder Josh Willingham took 25 pain-free swings off a tee in the batting cage today, according to MLB.com.

Our View: This is his second consecutive day swinging the stick and he reports no pain or discomfort. The team plans to have Willingham take 25 more swings tomorrow, this time against soft tosses. Willingham has been on the DL since May 2nd with a lower back strain and a herniated disc. If things go well tomorrow, the Marlins will repeat that exercise on Thursday, but plans after that have not revealed.

this sounds like good news. 2 days in a row of pain free swings. thats alot better than possibly facing surgery. hopefully swings go good again tomarrow.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 81)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates