Biggest disappointment this season: Victor Martinez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Biggest disappointment this season: Victor Martinez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Biggest disappointment this season: Victor Martinez

Postby Secret Avatar » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:12 pm

KMart's punchless, worthless stat lines every night are just painful to see :-t

How did this fool get on my team in the first place? Oh yea, I was dumb enough to draft him. :-B
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Siddo4ty4 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:17 pm

haha I offered a guy Mccann for him a few weeks ago and it got rejected.

Shows him right! and saved me a headache!
Siddo4ty4
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Sho Nuff » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:58 pm

Of course this year when I draft him...I got to that point in the draft and he had not gone yet...I did not like the value of anyone else at that spot...so I took him and felt great about it...now I just picked up Y. Molina to possibly plug in for a week or two. He is not putting up big numbers...but solid 11-15 points every week.
Sho Nuff
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby cannedcorn » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:01 pm

Vald and Cabrera arent excatly killing it eithere...My vote is for VLad. No one drafted VMART in my league that early though.
cannedcorn
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Doughhead » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:24 pm

Seriously, now. I've tried to be patient, but it's bloody June 10th and Victor still doens't have a home run! What the hell is going on?!? When is this guy going to wake up? Looking at the box scores, I notice Doumit has a double and two bombs tonight. I'm so tempted to drop VMart for him just out of spite. This is ridiculous!
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby jswede » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:03 pm

it goes without saying that everyone is aware he's playing hurt........................... right?
jswede
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BTOWNHESS » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:59 am

There is no bigger dissapointment than Mcab this year..by a mile. This was the man that was supposed to up his game by going to a team whose lineup would protect him enough he would hit the next level.

Mock draft "experts" had him a top 3 player with Han-Ram and A-Rod going into this year. He was supposed to hit .330 with a .400 OBP, 40 homers, 140 RBI's.

This season he is on pace for a .270 AVG .340 OBP, 23 homeruns and 85 RBI's. Theres a decent chance guys like Mark Reynolds, Kevin Youkilis, Jorge Cantu, Joe Crede and Evan Longoria will be better options at 3B this season.

People say he will break out of it...No offense but its the middle of June, not the end of April anymore.
BTOWNHESS
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Doughhead » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:50 am

BTOWNHESS wrote:There is no bigger dissapointment than Mcab this year..by a mile. This was the man that was supposed to up his game by going to a team whose lineup would protect him enough he would hit the next level.

Mock draft "experts" had him a top 3 player with Han-Ram and A-Rod going into this year. He was supposed to hit .330 with a .400 OBP, 40 homers, 140 RBI's.

This season he is on pace for a .270 AVG .340 OBP, 23 homeruns and 85 RBI's. Theres a decent chance guys like Mark Reynolds, Kevin Youkilis, Jorge Cantu, Joe Crede and Evan Longoria will be better options at 3B this season.

People say he will break out of it...No offense but its the middle of June, not the end of April anymore.

Yeah, well, I have him too. And Cano.
DOUGHHEAD
Doughhead
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Siddo4ty4 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:44 pm

Doughhead wrote:Yeah, well, I have him too. And Cano.

Yeah, Cano and Vmart should get the award as they have produced nothing as of yet.
Siddo4ty4
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:18 pm

This is why I don't draft catchers in the 3rd round. :-b

I'll say M-Cab is a disappointment, but if you were expecting him to have massive monster numbers thanks to the move to Detroit, then he would be the biggest disappointment all year. The Tigers' lineup overachieved some last year, M-Cab's moving to another pitcher-friendly park albeit not as domineering as Dolphins Stadium, and some guys take a while to adjust from NL to AL. In a dynasty or keeper, I really wouldn't worry about his stock. In a redraft, I wouldn't be kicking myself taking M-Cab, unless you passed up on Utley or Pujols.

As for Cano, I never could understand why folks consider taking him as high as the 4th round, given that he's normally a 2nd half hitter based off his first few years in the big leagues. Cano is a bit unlucky and I suggest buying low on him while you can.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates