All-Star Voting - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

All-Star Voting

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: All-Star Voting

Postby jfg » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:57 am

I saw some other people putting him at OF.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:54 am

Old_Style wrote:AL
C- Joe Mauer
1B- Justin Morneau
2B- Ian Kinsler
3B- Alex Rodriguez
SS- Michael Young
OF- Josh Hamilton
OF- Manny Ramirez
OF- Magglio Ordonez
DH- David Ortiz

NL
C- Brian McCann
1B- Lance Berkman
2B- Chase Utley
3B- Chipper Jones
SS- Hanley Ramirez
OF- Nate McLouth
OF- Xavier Nady
OF- Jason Bay
When was the last time three Pirates started an All-Star game?

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Bonds won the write-in vote? :-D

That is crazy - I voted for every one of these guys except for Nady (I chose Braun instead)! I think a strong case for some other guys (like DWright) can be made, but I personally think you hit the nail on the head ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:26 am

AL
First Base: Youkilis, K., BOS
Second Base: Kinsler, I., TEX
Third Base: Rodriguez, A., NYY
Shortstop: Bartlett, J., TB
Catcher: Napoli, M., LAA
Outfielder: Granderson, C., DET
Outfielder: Ramirez, M., BOS
Outfielder:
Designated Hitter: Butler, B., KC
Write-in: Daniel Wilson

NL
First Base: Howard, R., PHI
Second Base: Utley, C., PHI
Third Base: Jones, C., ATL
Shortstop: Ramirez, H., FLA
Catcher: Martin, R., LAD
Outfielder: Beltran, C., NYM
Outfielder: Dunn, A., CIN
Outfielder:
Write-in: Barry Bonds

Yes, I voted for myself but what the hey. :-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Grounded Polo » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:16 am

I don't actually bother voting for real so Berkman can count in the OF. :-B

Besides, Pujols couldn't be left off.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby George_Foreman » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:29 pm

Everyone knows that Chipper Jones is hitting .400, and if he doesn't star the AS game, it's a travesty.

But at least people realize that. I'm seeing people listing Russ Martin and Geo Soto for starting catcher. And don't get me wrong, they're both having great years. But Brian McCann is clearly the class of NL catchers. Soto's case is better than Martin's (who should only be getting votes based on last years' performance if you're into that sort of thing), but Mac's clearly been better. Soto's got him by .04 points of OBP, but McCann's SLG is like 40 points higher. And that's before you start adjusting for parks, of which Soto's is clearly the best for hitters. McCann's OPS+ is 151 vs. 140 for Soto; the man's been a machine.

So let's do it right and give McCann a start in this years' AS game. :-)
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Grounded Polo » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:36 pm

The Cubs also have the best record in the NL and I don't vote Brave until forced.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:55 pm

George_Foreman wrote:Everyone knows that Chipper Jones is hitting .400, and if he doesn't star the AS game, it's a travesty.

But at least people realize that. I'm seeing people listing Russ Martin and Geo Soto for starting catcher. And don't get me wrong, they're both having great years. But Brian McCann is clearly the class of NL catchers. Soto's case is better than Martin's (who should only be getting votes based on last years' performance if you're into that sort of thing), but Mac's clearly been better. Soto's got him by .04 points of OBP, but McCann's SLG is like 40 points higher. And that's before you start adjusting for parks, of which Soto's is clearly the best for hitters. McCann's OPS+ is 151 vs. 140 for Soto; the man's been a machine.

Martin has a .429 OBP so it isn't like he is stinking it up. I'd take Soto over Martin and Martin over McCann.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:59 pm

George_Foreman wrote:Everyone knows that Chipper Jones is hitting .400, and if he doesn't star the AS game, it's a travesty.

soto and mccann's numbers are very close, and probably will be until the all star game. martin is hitting .321, so to say people are crazy for voting for a catcher who is hitting .321 is a tad foolish.

i dont think many people take park factor's into consideration for their all-star voting, but i could be wrong. :-S

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BJSFAN123 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:02 pm

I'd give the vote to McCann over Soto, by a little.

Varitek is leading in votes for AL catchers lol....the NL roster destroys the AL roster.
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:21 pm

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Bengie Molina start the All-Star game.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers