All-Star Voting - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

All-Star Voting

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: All-Star Voting

Postby mweir145 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:54 pm

Tavish wrote:
RedSoxNation04 wrote:I think we can all agree that the way players are selected and/or voted onto the team is extremely flawed. Unfortunatley, it's also not going to change any time soon.

We can almost all agree. I don't think the current way is flawed.

Well that all depends on your definition of what an All-Star Game should be.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NorthSider2 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:50 am

mweir145 wrote:
Tavish wrote:
RedSoxNation04 wrote:I think we can all agree that the way players are selected and/or voted onto the team is extremely flawed. Unfortunatley, it's also not going to change any time soon.

We can almost all agree. I don't think the current way is flawed.

Well that all depends on your definition of what an All-Star Game should be.

My definition of the the All-Star game is the best of best in the MLB. Varitek isn't the best this season so I don't think he deserves to go. It should be the best players and he isn't one.
Thanks to soty for the sweet sig

Go Cubs
NorthSider2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby smoovethug » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:14 am

Kerry Wood out, Carlos Marmol in? This was the chance to right the wrong of not putting Cole Hamels or Johan on the team. I guess the NL only needs 1 lefty (who stinks }:-) ).

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:20 am

smoovethug wrote:Kerry Wood out, Carlos Marmol in? This was the chance to right the wrong of not putting Cole Hamels or Johan on the team. I guess the NL only needs 1 lefty (who stinks }:-) ).

agreed.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:54 pm

Yeah, I really don't see how Marmol got in. He's been good, but not good enough to get put int he game as a setup man (maybe Hurdle wanted more relievers, thinking they'd be more used to pitching in the middle of innings and such....)
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby bigken117 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:33 pm

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:Yeah, I really don't see how Marmol got in. He's been good, but not good enough to get put int he game as a setup man (maybe Hurdle wanted more relievers, thinking they'd be more used to pitching in the middle of innings and such....)

They wanted to replace a reliever, and Marmol had the most player votes of any RP not on the team. I guess starters don't pitch out of the pen this game ;-7

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:38 pm

bigken117 wrote:
buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:Yeah, I really don't see how Marmol got in. He's been good, but not good enough to get put int he game as a setup man (maybe Hurdle wanted more relievers, thinking they'd be more used to pitching in the middle of innings and such....)

They wanted to replace a reliever, and Marmol had the most player votes of any RP not on the team. I guess starters don't pitch out of the pen this game ;-7

When do players cast their votes for the reserves? Does anyone actually know?
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers