All-Star Voting - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

All-Star Voting

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: All-Star Voting

Postby mweir145 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:33 am

MasterX1918 wrote:I really don't see why Crede made the team. It's not like he has to be on the team (the squad already has a backup 3B and the White Sox are represented by Quentin already). Longoria/Lowell would of been better choices at the 3B position and Miguel Cabrera, Abreu, Dye or Vlad would've been better all around choices. Also Ryan Dempster over Cole Hamels and Santana is just messed up. I really don't understand that decision. Alot of people say that Santana is having a down year but the guy still has an ERA of 2.96 and 109 K's

Crede was voted in by the players, so blame them I guess. It also looks like Santana and Hamels lost out to Dempster due to their win/loss record.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who is your final all-star vote?

Postby ldmariodl28 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:35 am

I went with Longoria in the AL (I have loved this guy from the beggining) & Wright from the NL basically as a hometown pick. I cant have Wagner as our only representive when I dont even like him.
ldmariodl28
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:59 am

bigh0rt wrote:David Wright for both the AL and NL.

Is that a futuristic vote for when Minaya goes bonkers and trades him to Oakland for Carlos Gonzalez?
Sweet ;-D
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:04 am

I voted for Giambi and Corey Hart

That moustache MUST make it to the all-star game. :-L
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Syler » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:44 am

AL- Jermaine Dye

NL- David Wright (I'm a homer, Wright's having a better year than Hart, Lee, and Rowand, and I'd find it appalling if Wagner was our lone AS rep.)
Syler Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:08 am

mweir145 wrote:
MasterX1918 wrote:I really don't see why Crede made the team. It's not like he has to be on the team (the squad already has a backup 3B and the White Sox are represented by Quentin already). Longoria/Lowell would of been better choices at the 3B position and Miguel Cabrera, Abreu, Dye or Vlad would've been better all around choices. Also Ryan Dempster over Cole Hamels and Santana is just messed up. I really don't understand that decision. Alot of people say that Santana is having a down year but the guy still has an ERA of 2.96 and 109 K's

Crede was voted in by the players, so blame them I guess. It also looks like Santana and Hamels lost out to Dempster due to their win/loss record.

Both should probably be in (Santana because of market, and Hamels because of combined stats), but I guess it is hard to keep a guy like Dempster out with things going the way they have for him most of this season. Ah, the fickle fans... :-b
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mweir145 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:09 am

It's possible that a lot of the players simply like Dempster more, too. Seems like a funny guy.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Old_Style » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:17 am

mweir145 wrote:It's possible that a lot of the players simply like Dempster more, too. Seems like a funny guy.

Could be.
He's alright for a Canadien....

:-D
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:06 am

Longoria :-) Burrell
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: 2008 All-Star Teams

Postby thedude » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:33 am

MinorityAuthority wrote:I'm just tired of seeing Jeter starting and Varitek even being on the team (yes the players voted him in but still). It's just like the NBA when you see the same players every year too, and people get voted in the year AFTER they break out, not necessarily when they're playing their best.

Jeter is not having a great year, but the AL shortstops are all having terrible years. Besides it is somewhat fitting that Jeter should be the starting shortstop in the final All Star Game at Yankee Stadium.

Varitek is only a three time all-star. He isn't having a great year, but he has been screwed in the past (2004 comes to mind). Mauer is really the only AL catcher who is having an all star caliber year.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers