Sports Genie, Yahoo's policy on cheating? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sports Genie, Yahoo's policy on cheating?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sports Genie, Yahoo's policy on cheating?

Postby riverrat » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:51 pm

Am in a Yahoo private league. A team acquired Bruce from FA legally. The commissioner 'ripped' him off his team to give Bruce to another team!! Bald-faced cheating. What can be done?
Also, what do other site's games do about cheating?
riverrat
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sports Genie, Yahoo's policy on cheating?

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:58 pm

riverrat wrote:Am in a Yahoo private league. A team acquired Bruce from FA legally. The commissioner 'ripped' him off his team to give Bruce to another team!! Bald-faced cheating. What can be done?

That is more of a customer care issue than a developer issue, so I'd recommend contacting them. I believe they tend to stay out of the business of private leagues, but I'd describe your situation and see what they tell you.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 93)

Postby riverrat » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:17 pm

WOW!!! Quick reply!! Did that already. Typical response, 'we dont get involved with private leagues'. Anthing else we can try? Sure gives Yahoo a bad image with players. This isnt a 'cloudy' instance. This out-and-out, blatant cheating. Cant they just look at the transactions and they would immediately notice the problem. Transfer commish to someone else or just shut down the league. ANYTHING to show honest players that Yahoo cares about their image.
This is not the first time this has happened in my many years of playing and I'm getting a bit frustrated of investing my time in playing and crap happens and its all a big waste of time.
Can you check-out league id# 93883? Just asking that you look and tell me what you find.
Thanks again,
r'rat
riverrat
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GOGOGADGETFLOW » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:21 pm

Ouch that must suck :-t Commisioners like that shouldn't be able to play FB
GOGOGADGETFLOW
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:49 pm

riverrat wrote:WOW!!! Quick reply!! Did that already. Typical response, 'we dont get involved with private leagues'. Anthing else we can try? Sure gives Yahoo a bad image with players. This isnt a 'cloudy' instance. This out-and-out, blatant cheating. Cant they just look at the transactions and they would immediately notice the problem. Transfer commish to someone else or just shut down the league. ANYTHING to show honest players that Yahoo cares about their image.
This is not the first time this has happened in my many years of playing and I'm getting a bit frustrated of investing my time in playing and crap happens and its all a big waste of time.
Can you check-out league id# 93883? Just asking that you look and tell me what you find.
Thanks again,
r'rat

Here is the problem. It is a private league. Private leagues have lots of rules. You can find plenty of places over the years where I've forcibly taken players off teams in my private leagues and given them to other teams. Always in the name of obeying our rules, not cheating them. When customer care can't tell what your wacky rules might be, they are just as likely to cause problems as fix them, particularly if they are contradicting the commissioner.

This is not to say you are lying. Just that when customer care has thousands upon thousands of leagues to deal with, they seldom have the time to get involved in private party disputes. Occasionally someone points out things that make me say, "Crap. That's our bad. We should fix that." This kind of situation, while unfortunate, I think reflects poorly upon your commissioner, but not particularly upon us.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I'd clearly suggest not playing with this commish again.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 93)

Postby dweenmachine » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:58 pm

Why did your commish take him from one team and place him on another (assuming that it was a team other than the commissioner's)?
There has to be more to this story... Either way, sounds like there's something shady going on... but I doubt there's anything you or anyone BUT the commissioner can do about it. Get a new league next year ;-D
dweenmachine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:05 pm

Enforcing, even somewhat, the rules of private leagues would be impossible for Yahoo to do...
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Wharton93 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:37 pm

riverrat wrote:Am in a Yahoo private league. A team acquired Bruce from FA legally. The commissioner 'ripped' him off his team to give Bruce to another team!! Bald-faced cheating. What can be done?

You have a commissioner problem, not a Yahoo problem. Move along, these aren't the droids you're looking for.
Wharton93
College Coach
College Coach

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:08 pm

Wharton93 wrote:Move along, these aren't the droids you're looking for.

Hilarious.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby riverrat » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:33 pm

Thanks again.
Yes, for sure I wont be joining that league next year. Its a 20-team league and fully 1/2 of the current teams are disgusted with it and committed to starting a new league at the half.
It IS a commissioner problem.
Wacky rules? Its a standard free yahoo league. H2H, IP mins and 6X6. Thats all. They dont offer a bunch of different options for the free game. There are no wacky rules.
In my tiny, little mind it is 'kind' of a Yahoo problem. They offer a game but dont vouch for the integrity of it. Guess I'm just p/o'd about the time I've wasted already with it.
For those in leagues other than Yahoo, what's the policy at those games on cheating? Are there remedies for cheaters at other game sites?
riverrat
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers