Postby Uncny18 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:13 am

anyone?
Uncny18
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jason Isringhausen

Postby sixer03fan » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:15 am

he lost the job before he was injured so I would make an educated guess that he won't. But la russa will definitely give him another chance this year... Just wait to see if he's calmed down when he comes back
sixer03fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Pogotheostrich » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:20 am

Yes. Once he comes off the DL I think he'll be given every chance to close again.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 325)

Postby HipHopSpam » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:46 pm

Anyone know when he'll be activated?
HipHopSpam
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wildbill » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:44 am

From Rotoworld:
Jun. 10 - 3:40 am et

Jason Isringhausen (hand) threw two scoreless innings Monday in his first rehab appearance with Single-A Palm Beach. Izzy never ceased being healthy enough to pitch, but the Cardinals felt that giving him an extended rest was the right move. He'll probably rejoin the St. Louis bullpen later this month, but he's not going to handed the closer's role. He'll have to earn it.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:44 pm

From Yahoo:
Jun 12 ESPNews reports St. Louis Cardinals CL Jason Isringhausen (hand) will rejoin the team Friday, June 13.
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wildbill » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:00 am

From Rotoworld:
Jun. 13 - 11:16 pm et
Jason Isringhausen (hand) will throw a bullpen session Saturday and could return to the Cardinals' bullpen Tuesday.
"Yeah, I feel good," Isringhausen said. "You never know until you start facing hitters, but yeah, I feel good." He has been on the DL since May 17 with a laceration on his hand and major mental issues. Izzy is eight saves from 300 and should be thrown back into the closing position as soon as he returns.

More Details on Cards official MLB website: http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... Id=rss_mlb
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Montana168 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:46 am

i don't see how there is any chance isringhausen is given the closer role when he gets back, i don't even think he will earn 8th inning duties. he lost his role as closer BEFORE he was injured, why would he get it back when he comes off the DL? i honestly see him as their seventh inning guy with franklin being the closer and chris perez handling the 8th. perez is their closer of the future, not franklin, not isringhausen.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wildbill » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:20 am

Montana168 wrote:i don't see how there is any chance isringhausen is given the closer role when he gets back, i don't even think he will earn 8th inning duties. he lost his role as closer BEFORE he was injured, why would he get it back when he comes off the DL? i honestly see him as their seventh inning guy with franklin being the closer and chris perez handling the 8th. perez is their closer of the future, not franklin, not isringhausen.

Because like a lot of managers LaRussa plays favorites with veterans sometimes, especially Izzy. Considering Franklin got thrashed tonight and doesn't have a stellar ERA or WHIP since taking over as closer I wouldn't be shocked to see Izzy get another shot at closer. I don't think they want a rookie, Perez in this case, in that role unless they have no other option. The keyword you used is "future," which means not now. When Wainwright did it the other year they had no other option. I'm not saying what's right or wrong, but that could be their thought process in this situation. If Izzy can get back to closing effectively it makes the whole bullpen better by strengthening the setup roles at the same time. If they do go that route he'll likely have a short leash. The Cards almost certainly would like it to work out that way because it would be best for the team this year if it did work out.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates