Conor Jackson Injured - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Conor Jackson Injured

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Conor Jackson Injured

Postby freeling_prideful » Sat May 31, 2008 10:00 am

From Yahoo: May 31 1B Conor Jackson left Friday's game in the top of the eighth inning after suffering a right quadriceps strain while making an awkward move as he attempted to get out of the way of an inside pitch during an at-bat in the fifth inning. "It's frustrating," Jackson said. 1B/3B Chad Tracy, who started at third base, moved to first and 3B Mark Reynolds entered. Tracy will start at first base Saturday, manager Bob Melvin said.

What do you guys think about this? A quad strain could be pretty serious--one just sent Frank Thomas to the 15 day DL. Considering Tracy just came back from injury and the Dbacks wanted to get him more playing time anyways, it seems like they might play it safe with Conor and give him time to heal.

The worst-case for me would actually be if he didn't play but just sat on the bench instead of going to the DL. I'd need to roster someone else to fill his 1B slot and I'd be pissed if I had to drop a bench player I like now.
freeling_prideful
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Conor Jackson Injured

Postby chase_utley26 » Sat May 31, 2008 3:59 pm

With him, Fielder and Reynolds I am not too worried if he doesn't play. Then again Furcal is taking up my DL spot.
chase_utley26
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: Conor Jackson Injured

Postby freeling_prideful » Sat May 31, 2008 8:22 pm

Yeah, 1B is my shallow-est position so he's my only player who qualifies there other than Alex Gordon, my current 3ber. I guess I need to search for a 1B or 3B to play next week.
freeling_prideful
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates