What SP is next? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

What SP is next?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What SP is next?

Postby J35J » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:52 am

I like McGee, Carrasco and Miller.

I'm not to excited about Morton...he's doing fine this year but he's been low on K's and high on BB's throughout his career.

Carrasco and Miller are real good pitchers but have both been through injuries already in their careers so its a little hard to get too excited about them even with their stuff.

McGee is probably the one I'm looking forward to most of the guys that could see time within a couple months.

Some others that were mentioned...Tillman is a little young and doesn't have the command, I'd be suprised if he came up and made any kind of splash. I like Bowden but I'm not sure that he will see much time this year either....maybe a cup of coffee. I don't think Feirerabend will amount to a very good fantasy pitcher, low K's high H%, but has a chance to stick in the majors a bottom of the rotation guy. I've always liked Clippard coming up but he's really gone erratic with his control, I'm not sure which way he will continue to go at this point...I'm tempering my expectations now. I'm curious to see how Daryl Thompson does in the higher levels of the minors...so far so good....his mlb home park is scary though(Cin). Thompson is a nice one to keep an eye on though, doubt he sees alot of mlb time this year though.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What SP is next?

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:17 pm

jwhands wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:I disagree. I think there will be a few high level pitching prospects coming up fairly soon in Carrasco (I honestly think he could be an ace), Chris Volstad, Gio Gonzalez, Eric Hurley, Chris Tillman, Michael Bowden, Adam Miller (if he can get off the DL with blisters), Jake McGee maybe, possibly Jamie Garcia.

Carrasco does have the stuff, but he hasn't shown control yet. Volstad hasn't really shown any domination in the minors, and the Marlins have several other more deserving pitchers to call up before him. I like Gio a lot, and he could get the call, but will Oakland really put him in the rotation? They already bumped one starter who was holding his own, so wouldn't he get first crack if a spot opened up again? Hurley and Tillman still have to prove that they are worthy of being a high level pitcher. I like Bowden, but same as Gio, where do you put him? Miller may get a call up, but who knows in Cleveland (Sowers is sitting in AAA with great #s). McGee is supposedly being groomed for the pen, and Garcia is too young for a call this year.

Where did you hear that? There was a lot of speculation that the Rays would move him there, but the Rays have continually said he is a starter and he will stay a starter. He is too talented to go to the pen.

I also highly doubt you see McGee up any time this season. The Rays have pretty much stuck to the 200 IP rule between AA and AAA they have come up with, which means he won't be up this season. The Rays said after ST this year that Davis and McGee would have the opportunity to fight for a rotation spot during ST 2009.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball