What SP is next? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

What SP is next?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What SP is next?

Postby yanks924 » Sat May 31, 2008 12:54 am

I am looking to add pitching to my team but do not want to take chances on guys on FA in my league. Who is the next SP to come up that could make an impact??
yanks924
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What SP is next?

Postby jwhands » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:10 am

I actually just wrote some updates on AAA prospects. I don't believe that a high impact pitcher will be coming soon, unless Tampa feels like they have no other choice but to call up Price.
Jody, Jody Davis. Hits 'em high and far. Jody, Jody Davis. He's a superstar. Holy Cow!!!! http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Montana168 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:32 am

price won't be up this year ^^^. tampa doesn't bring up young pitchers unless they have thrown a minimum of 100 innings in the minors first which price has a long way to go considering he has only made 2 starts. also he isn't the first on the rays list of pitching call-ups. both wade davis and jake mcgee are more ready and will be called up before price.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby NUTZ » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:07 am

Charlie Morton (Atl-P) 2.14 ERA, 48 K’s in 59 IP for AAA Richmond. Morton continues to shine, and he has been on a hot streak since last year's fall league. He has held opposing hitters to a paltry .198 batting average. Don't be surprised to see Atlanta bring Morton up for a few spot starts, as he has been a favorite of Bobby Cox

Ryan Feierabend (Sea-P) 2.15 ERA, 33 K’s in 46 IP for AAA Tacoma. Feierabend still continues to impress in Tacoma. He has limited batters to a .233 average. Feierabend doesn't wow with his K/9IP ratio, but he is managing to find a way to get hitters out in AAA. The Mariners are struggling in last, so they may take a shot with the young hurler if the season becomes a wash.

Tyler Clippard (Was-P) 3.93 ERA, 53 K’s in 52.2 IP for AAA Columbus. There was a time where Clippard was considered a potential face in the Yankees' rotation for years to come. He has now resurfaced for the Nats in AAA, where Clippard is striking out 9.06 batters per 9 innings. At this time, Clippard will most likely get the call up to the Nats over fellow teammate Collin Balester

Daryl Thompson (Cin-P) 0.00 ERA, 6 K’s in 7 IP for AAA Louisville. Thompson breezed through AA Chattanooga with a 1.76 ERA and 8.22 K/9IP ratio, which warranted him a callup to AAA. In his first start with Louisville, Thompson did not disappoint. With the overload of young starters in Cincinatti, Thompson most likely will finish out the season in AAA. If he continues to impress, though, then the Reds may take a shot at placing him in the 5th spot.

hopefully this will help you out!
good-luck
NUTZ
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Montana168 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:40 am

great info man ^^. i looked up charlie mortons stats and he has a 1.91 ERA after throwing 7 scoreless innings on the 29th. anyone have a timetable on when we could see this kid come up? i'm surprised they don't put this kid in campillo's spot in the rotation.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jwhands » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:19 pm

NUTZ wrote:Charlie Morton (Atl-P) 2.14 ERA, 48 K’s in 59 IP for AAA Richmond. Morton continues to shine, and he has been on a hot streak since last year's fall league. He has held opposing hitters to a paltry .198 batting average. Don't be surprised to see Atlanta bring Morton up for a few spot starts, as he has been a favorite of Bobby Cox

Ryan Feierabend (Sea-P) 2.15 ERA, 33 K’s in 46 IP for AAA Tacoma. Feierabend still continues to impress in Tacoma. He has limited batters to a .233 average. Feierabend doesn't wow with his K/9IP ratio, but he is managing to find a way to get hitters out in AAA. The Mariners are struggling in last, so they may take a shot with the young hurler if the season becomes a wash.

Tyler Clippard (Was-P) 3.93 ERA, 53 K’s in 52.2 IP for AAA Columbus. There was a time where Clippard was considered a potential face in the Yankees' rotation for years to come. He has now resurfaced for the Nats in AAA, where Clippard is striking out 9.06 batters per 9 innings. At this time, Clippard will most likely get the call up to the Nats over fellow teammate Collin Balester

Daryl Thompson (Cin-P) 0.00 ERA, 6 K’s in 7 IP for AAA Louisville. Thompson breezed through AA Chattanooga with a 1.76 ERA and 8.22 K/9IP ratio, which warranted him a callup to AAA. In his first start with Louisville, Thompson did not disappoint. With the overload of young starters in Cincinatti, Thompson most likely will finish out the season in AAA. If he continues to impress, though, then the Reds may take a shot at placing him in the 5th spot.

hopefully this will help you out!
good-luck

Hey NUTZ, I see that you're still keeping an eye on my info.
Jody, Jody Davis. Hits 'em high and far. Jody, Jody Davis. He's a superstar. Holy Cow!!!! http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Havok1517 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:32 pm

I disagree. I think there will be a few high level pitching prospects coming up fairly soon in Carrasco (I honestly think he could be an ace), Chris Volstad, Gio Gonzalez, Eric Hurley, Chris Tillman, Michael Bowden, Adam Miller (if he can get off the DL with blisters), Jake McGee maybe, possibly Jamie Garcia.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 123)

Postby MaudDib » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:03 pm

Homer Bailey will be called up this week.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby jwhands » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:00 pm

Havok1517 wrote:I disagree. I think there will be a few high level pitching prospects coming up fairly soon in Carrasco (I honestly think he could be an ace), Chris Volstad, Gio Gonzalez, Eric Hurley, Chris Tillman, Michael Bowden, Adam Miller (if he can get off the DL with blisters), Jake McGee maybe, possibly Jamie Garcia.

Carrasco does have the stuff, but he hasn't shown control yet. Volstad hasn't really shown any domination in the minors, and the Marlins have several other more deserving pitchers to call up before him. I like Gio a lot, and he could get the call, but will Oakland really put him in the rotation? They already bumped one starter who was holding his own, so wouldn't he get first crack if a spot opened up again? Hurley and Tillman still have to prove that they are worthy of being a high level pitcher. I like Bowden, but same as Gio, where do you put him? Miller may get a call up, but who knows in Cleveland (Sowers is sitting in AAA with great #s). McGee is supposedly being groomed for the pen, and Garcia is too young for a call this year.
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby yanks924 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:48 pm

thank you very much guys, much appreciated!
yanks924
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball