Myers... turned a corner??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Myers... turned a corner???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Myers... turned a corner???

Postby wildbill » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:11 pm

His next start looks to be at Flordia, where he'll be taking his 7.15 road ERA, 2.00 road WHIP and .361 road BAA, not to mention his fairly poor 21/16 road K/BB ratio. Oh did I mention he's 0-5 on the road this season. He's a definite start at home now I would think, but it could be risky starting him on the road, but I would understand if you did.
wildbill
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PavanoAllstars » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:18 pm

man, florida is not an easy start, and he hasn't shined on the road... anyone know how his velocity was? I saw his control was iffy given all the walks... it's so tempting to start him right now... I wish I wasn't in a roto league, I've got a pretty high era anyways... maybe I'll roll the dice...

Anyone watch the game with any input on Myers? Is he start worthy against FLA on the road???? WHIR!
For every Brett Myers there's a Nate McLouth...
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Zhangman1 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:40 am

he had a pretty solid game tonight....i think im gonna try to trade him away tomorrow morning :-b
Zhangman1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby Boogua » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:41 am

I was watching on MLB gameday and his fastball was sitting at 85 for the most of the game and he was usually just throwing his breaking stuff. Now I'm hoping to God that Gameday's gun was like 5-7 MPH off because I can't recall many RHPs being successful throwing that slow. Can someone verify if that was correct or not because I want to know if I should be trying to trade this guy away ASAP.
Boogua
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:34 am

I watched most of the game. A few things to note:

The BB tonight were a little inflated; he noticeably began to run out of gas in the last few innings and he threw 110-120 pitches or something like that. He walked 3 or 4 guys in the last 2 innings...

Honestly, I thought his control was OK; his stuff was amazing. His breaking balls had a ton of movement tonight and his slider (at least that's what it looked like) resulted in at least half the Ks, from what I remember...
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby commence8 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:36 am

I was at the game and he looked great. I never once looked at the radar when Myers was pitching...was more amazed with Volquez' change in speeds and movement. I feel bad that they couldn't give him any run support last night, the one hit he gave up ended up hitting in a run. They pitched him 1 inning too long, they should have pinch hit for him the bottom of the 7th... :-t

As for riding him against the Marlins...it's a very close call and depends on who else you have...the Marlins offense can be very tough. However, if you're in a weekly lineup league, he has 2 starts (@STL) which decreases his risk.
Will always help in return (leave a link to your question in response)
commence8
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Texican » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:25 pm

Anyone going with him tonight?
Texican
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hot4tx » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:47 pm

I'm starting him tonight at Florida. Deep-bench 12-man league and I have a ton of SPs and RPs so I can handle a bad start here or there (have 3 other SPs going tonight). I'd be a bit more wary of starting him if I didn't have the pitching depth to make up if he blows up on the road.

I also hope that he's getting back into form from the closing last year. I figured he'd start out rough the first 2 or so weeks, but didn't really expect to take this long. Hopefully he'll be a good 3.9-ERA with lots of Ws and Ks pitcher by the time fantasy playoffs come around.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)

Postby Amazing Oopah » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:58 pm

watch out for those home/away splits... if he starts turning the corner away from home, then it's time to believe again.
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Zhangman1 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:24 pm

so i start him tonight literally at the last minute thinking it can't be that bad......

:~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~(
Zhangman1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates