Thoughts on this team? 4th/12 ATM, looking to get 1-2 Spot. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Thoughts on this team? 4th/12 ATM, looking to get 1-2 Spot.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Thoughts on this team? 4th/12 ATM, looking to get 1-2 Spot.

Postby thejusman1 » Fri May 30, 2008 6:47 pm

This is my first year doing fantasy, and I had a terrible draft. After hitting the waivers list hard, and making some decent trades, I've got a team that's placed me 4th in the league (8 GB from 1st).

League Stats: 12team, H2H, Batting: AVG, OBP, HR, R, RBI, SB. Pitching: K, ERA, WHIP, W, SV

Help me make the push!

C - Dioner Navarro
1B - Mark Teixeira
2B - B.J. Upton
3B - Mike Lowell
SS - Hanley Ramirez
OF - Jay Bruce
OF - Jermaine Dye
OF - Josh Hamilton
Util - Jeff Francoeur
BN - Blake DeWitt
DL - Brad Hawpe

SP - Brandon Webb, Ervin Santana, Rich Harden, Aaron Harang, Bartolo Colon, John Danks, Dana Eveland

RP - Jon Rauch, Salomon Torres, George Sherrill, Joe Borowski.

Anyone got some good picks that might be on the free waivers, or a DL slot I can use to secure a monster you know about who is coming back soon? Could use all the help I can get!
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thoughts on this team? 4th/12 ATM, looking to get 1-2 Spot.

Postby slink » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:50 am

From the looks of your lineup, it seems like you're in a pretty good league so it might be difficult to find some waiver players.

If Ryan Doumit is available pick him up. He will be a big upgrade at catcher when he returns off the DL.

As for pitching, Pedro Martinez or Chris Carpenter might be worth stashing on the DL. I'd pick up Pedro asap. José Contreras could be worth a look for a few more games. Who all is available as free agents?
slink
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)

Postby thejusman1 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:24 am

Since this post, I have dropped Dana Eveland and Brad Hawpe, picked up Chris Carpenter and stashed him on the DL. (Pedro was already gone, and besides, I really don't trust him that much at all, I don't think he's even going to be that effective this season). Someone in my league dropped Ted Lilly, and I'm going to use my #5 waiver pick to try and hopefully pull him.

Brett Myers is also available on FA, dropped as well. But I'm leaning towards Lilly. Contreras and Doumit are both gone :(

I might have to stick with my catcher unless you guys think these options are better:
Miguel Olivio
Gerald Laird
Yadier Molina
Kurt Suzuki
Kenji Johjima
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby CrawfordFan13 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:50 pm

I really like your team, I think if you kept it as-is, it would be a contender all year. I may try to package a weaker starter (Harang/Harden) and maybe Jermaine Dye for a better starter like a Sabathia (who will get hot) and pick up a OF for Dye, or just wait for Hawpe to get off the DL. I'd also think about picking up Johjima for Navarro, but I think they're pretty equal.

Thanks for the help on my post,
Jimmy
CrawfordFan13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team