Mets have never had an MVP award winner - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mets have never had an MVP award winner

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mets have never had an MVP award winner

Postby Sea Dog Fan » Fri May 30, 2008 12:21 am

I think that's just a weird thing to point out, but I think Wright could be the first.
Sea Dog Fan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mets have never had an MVP award winner

Postby BJSFAN123 » Fri May 30, 2008 12:25 am

Maybe in the future, but not this year..not with the way Utley/Chipper/Berkman are playing.

Wouldn't it be crazy if Utley won, 3 Phillies in a row.
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

Postby j24jags » Fri May 30, 2008 12:26 am

Sea Dog Fan wrote:I think that's just a weird thing to point out, but I think Wright could be the first.

I hope so, but by no means will it be easy with Pujols, HanRam, Utley, Howard, Braun and others as just some of the young improving studs in the NL. That's not to mention Berkman obliterating the baseball, Chipper hitting .420 in June pretty much, Matt Holliday or Jimmy Rollins who are both viable candidates as well. Do I think that he or Reyes will win an MVP during their careers? Yes. Am I willing to bet on it? Not sure.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RAmst23 » Fri May 30, 2008 2:25 am

j24jags wrote:
Sea Dog Fan wrote:I think that's just a weird thing to point out, but I think Wright could be the first.

I hope so, but by no means will it be easy with Pujols, HanRam, Utley, Howard, Braun and others as just some of the young improving studs in the NL. That's not to mention Berkman obliterating the baseball, Chipper hitting .420 in June pretty much, Matt Holliday or Jimmy Rollins who are both viable candidates as well. Do I think that he or Reyes will win an MVP during their careers? Yes. Am I willing to bet on it? Not sure.

With anything like that, the odds are always better if you take the field against a Met winning an MVP. Wright probably has the best bet, unless Reyes throws in some consistently higher power numbers with his SB total.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri May 30, 2008 2:30 am

i assume the phils will overtake the marlins at some point this season and if utley is in the discussion in all 3 triple crown categories, i think he'll win it which would be nuts to have 3 in a row, but he would have won it last year had he not been hurt down the stretch.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers