Question about Roto League... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Question about Roto League...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Question about Roto League...

Postby kvh_1fan » Thu May 29, 2008 11:48 pm

This is my first year doing a roto league and so far I am in first place. However, I didn't think about the innings pitched cap!!!! OUr cap is 1500 and so far the counter says I'm on pace for 1608...Is this going to screw me in the end or do teams rarely reach the 1500 mark??

I'm in first in K's and QS but I guess thats only due to my amount of innings pitched already...

I have Zambrano, Haren, Wainwright, Marcum, Bonderman, Olsen, Blackburn, Bucholz...

Lately I have been just doing a 4 man rotation of Zambrano, Haren, Wainwright, and Marcum. I haven't started Bonderman in over a month and got lucky with some starts from Blackburn scattered here and there. Obviously Buch has been hurt and I've had Olsen benched too because he is too inconsistent.

So is this going to screw me in the end or should I be ok?? Am i doing the right thing with my 4 man rotation to try to get my innings pitched down??
20tm dynasty
5x5 +BB,HLD
C-Martin
1B- Fielder,Morneau
2B- Kipnis
3B- Zimm
SS- Furcal,Cozart,Lowrie
LF- Gordon,Duncan
CF- C. Young
RF- Upton,LaHair
Util-Kemp
SP-Shields,Johnson,Carpenter,Vogelsong,Bucholz,Matusz,Peavy,De La Rosa
RP- JPap,Clipp,Valverde
kvh_1fan
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Question about Roto League...

Postby Y`s Guy » Thu May 29, 2008 11:56 pm

Look at your IP tracker often and don't let it go too far beyond +50. At times in the past I have skyrocketed to +90 and still stayed under my cap. It's art to do this.

Start whittling away when August rolls around.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 278)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby Tavish » Fri May 30, 2008 12:01 am

I wouldn't worry about it too much. You can be a little more selective in the match-ups but being 100 IP over at this point isn't that big of a deal and it is a way better position than being 100 IP under.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 34)

Postby jondunc » Fri May 30, 2008 9:20 am

I've always liked to stay under the cap in the first half of the season and then play some matchups later on. This year though, I've had a lot of trouble keeping my innings down because my starters have been so strong (tough to decide whom to sit). I track all the teams in my league so that I can see whose stats are inflated, and I've decided to walk my innings back this week some. If I were you, I'd work things back to under +50, but really the key is to make sure you maximize the value of the innings you get. If your pitchers are lights out now, there's nothing wrong with taking advantage of that while you can. Just be sure to prepare for the inevitable loss in your lead as the rest of the league catches up later.
2008: 37th ranked Yahoo PLUS Rotisserie Public team (24 weeks in top 45, 9 weeks as #1)
2006: 18th ranked Yahoo PLUS Rotisserie Public team (17 weeks in top 35)
jondunc
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Another Blown Save » Fri May 30, 2008 9:40 am

As long as you're doing well in all of your pitching categories, then it's nothing to worry about.
Just start thinking about moving one or two of your pitchers for a hitter in the 2nd half.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Bloody Sox » Fri May 30, 2008 9:49 am

You are in fine shape... don't sweat it. There is still a TON of time left to get down to a 1500 IP pace. One less start here and there with bad a matchup and you'll be fine.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri May 30, 2008 9:52 am

what happens if you do go over the cap...do those stats just not count or do you get disqualified?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Fri May 30, 2008 10:00 am

Once you hit your cap, you know longer accrue pitching stats...
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Bloody Sox » Fri May 30, 2008 10:41 am

BALCO All-Stars wrote:Once you hit your cap, you know longer accrue pitching stats...

Right. In addition, as long as you are at least 1/3 of an inning under the maximum going into a new day, you will accumulate all pitcher stats for that day regardless of how far over the limit you go. This is true in CBS and Yahoo anyhow - I think CBS used to handle it differently, but they now do it the same as Yahoo according to their rules.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby shinedog » Fri May 30, 2008 11:47 am

As long as they are the best 1500 IP that you can get, it doesn't matter if you hit the cap in July or Sept. You just want your stats generated by those 1500 IP to be better than the stats for everyone else's 1500 IP.
shinedog
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers