Survey: How Do You Manage Your Team Daily - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Survey: How Do You Manage Your Team Daily

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Survey: How Do You Manage Your Team Daily

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri May 30, 2008 1:16 pm

Do you use a spreadsheet? Only when drafting, but to be honest, I don't use a spreadsheet that often.

Do you use a set lineup? Most of the time, yes. Opportunity cost of playing the matchups especially hitters isn't worth it in the long run, but of course I play matchups when necessary.

How do you determine if you have enough to win your league? Much of it has to do with projections, taking into account my own and others, and getting a good feel for the median projections to get a holistic assessment. In H2H, I pay more attention to the streakiness factor, especially hitters/pitchers who are historically better/worse in given months, and getting a good grasp of how I'm doing in the categories I shouldn't be so streaky in.

Where do you get your projected stats? My own, as well as others (on the Cafe and trusted sources).
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 452)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ldmariodl28 » Fri May 30, 2008 1:45 pm

I have been overanalyzing way to much lately that its making me crazy I think. I think the best bet at this point is to determine a starting lineup, and keep the UTL position as a spot for the best matchup, or hotest player not in my set lineup.
ldmariodl28
College Coach
College Coach

Postby KrunK » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:45 pm

Do you use a spreadsheet? Nope. When drafting I like Funtons big board.

Do you use a set lineup?
Probably 90% of the time. Obviously when players are having an off day you make the necessary switches, but I really try not to micromanage my lineup. I didn't bench Howard once the entire season (along with other '08 slow starters like Tex, Holliday, etc) because I know that my studs are going to produce eventually, so the stats will be there by the end of the year. I play H2H, so this doesn't work as well as it would in a roto league, but there's no need to second guess yourself on proven players.

How do you determine if you have enough to win your league? H2H is a crap shoot, so I just make sure I'll at least make the playoffs and at that point you just cross your fingers. But I still analyze my team and others and get a feel of where I stand throughout the season and make the necessary adjustments by working the FA's and WW along with making trades. Right now I've got 3 teams and all 3 are in 2nd place, so I should be set assuming the DL plague doesn't hit them all hard. The only I'll do is decided when I need to throw speed into my lineup, which is pretty self explanatory when you're in a H2H league.

Where do you get your projected stats? The main sources in yahoo/cbs, along with some cafe info, and some of my own.

I have determined that the WW and Free Agents is where the money is made in H2H leagues. A solid draft is obviously key, but every year I reap the benefits of Cafe info, personal "scouting", along with sleeper info on various websites. Last year it was Braun and Lincecum, this year it's been Volquez, McLouth, Bruce, Quentin, Sherrill, along with a few others, all of which that have made large impacts on my teams. Right now my teams are just about set, I'm going to deal maybe 2 or 3 players total in my 3 leagues and then just sit on my team and keep an eye on the WW. I'll make some moves if a problem presents itself, but right now all of my teams should be top 3 contenders form here on out.
Credit to smoovethug on the sig
KrunK
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Niffoc4 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:01 pm

Do you use a spreadsheet? Only for drafts

Do you use a set lineup? Mostly, but guys like Morneau and Mike Jacobs get benched vs. lefties.

How do you determine if you have enough to win your league? I just eyeball it, manually look at which spots I have a chance on improving (roto)... going to have to get more in depth on this in one of my keepers, since I may or may not do a firesale soon.
Where do you get your projected stats? PECOTA, J35J...anywhere else... I like to get a lot of input.
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 15)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers