HOW do you draft against rookies??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

HOW do you draft against rookies???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby KPucks » Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:46 pm

I'm all for this type of league if its against friends. I have one this year where everyone is already talking about how geat they are and how they are going to win. Cleaning up the league will feel just fine, even though no one but me has a good knowledge on fantasy baseball. I just can't wait to see their faces when I run away with the league.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:05 pm

Seems like a boring league to me. I usually try to help people who aren't sure about some things. I give them any advice they ask for, but NEVER refer them to the Cafe. That's the one thing I won't do. I don't want them to see my opinions on certain players, especially the ones I'd probably over-pay for. And some things have to be sacred. If they knwo aout the Cafe, I no longer look like the smart one who knows all the latest news. It was hard enough to tell one guy about RotoTimes' depth charts and projections........

If I were you, I'd let them know what they should actually be doing. It's no fun to beat people who are clueless. You might as well get your sister and mom to play too so you can beat them. Give your friends the positional cheat sheet from the site so they'll be competitive at least.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby jebatzel » Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:55 pm

This is my 3rd year and the only league I won was public league which I won thanks to the help of you guys here.

The League I won was boring, I have no clue who I played against.

All three years I have played with co-workers and have never finished worse than 3rd place, but never won.

I was commissoner for a football league this fall and it turned out ok, but it was mix of co-workers and people I didn't know.

Now I am commissoner for the first time for a baseball league.

Doing 10 teams head to head and everyone in the league are co-workers.

Hopfully the fun level goes up and I win ;-)

JB
jebatzel
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby RynMan » Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:14 pm

i agree, it would be hideously boring apart from the fact that it is a 10 team league with a $20 entry fee. winner takes all.. i see it as a dead easy way to win $200. :-)
otherwise yes, it would be like shooting dead fish in a barrell!
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby KPucks » Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:22 pm

RynMan wrote: it would be like shooting dead fish in a barrell!

This can be very fun when the fish are your loudmouth friends that you are going to beat into submission. Good times. Besides, I;m only in one of these types of leagues and have plenty of competitve leagues to keep me busy.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby drunkenmonkey » Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:28 pm

When I'm in leagues with friends, I usually help them out on strategy so it'll be more fun. Don't be afraid to discuss the pros and cons of certain players. I'll even go so far as to tell my friends who my next pick will be (when they don't pick before me)and why. Just be sure to have a list of sleepers and targeted players that you keep your mouth shut about so you don't give up the farm.
It's time to roll the dice.
drunkenmonkey
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers