Shane Victorino fantasy value? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Shane Victorino fantasy value?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Shane Victorino fantasy value?

Postby verb1999 » Thu May 29, 2008 2:55 pm

Just curious what positives/negatives you guys have to say about Shane Victorino. It seems he's been ablaze as of late, scoring lots of runs and stealing bases. I have never kept any real tabs on him, but it's been to my observation he's had some stints on the DL? Is he very injury prone?

I've got a few problems with my team (Sheffield, Hill, Percival), I thought Victorino could be an OF replacement for the Sheff if his talent is what he's currently showing. Anyone have any opinions about Shane?
Last edited by verb1999 on Thu May 29, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
verb1999
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Hockey

Re: Shane Victoriano's fantasy value?

Postby interchange » Thu May 29, 2008 3:14 pm

Is Victoriano a hybrid of Victorino and Soriano?

Anyway, Victorino is a definite add. He'll continue to score a ton of runs 2nd in the phils' lineup.
Dominate is a verb. Dominant is an adjective.
interchange
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby verb1999 » Thu May 29, 2008 4:55 pm

haha I'll edit that...it took me a minute to catch on there...my bad on the typo.
verb1999
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Chicago RedSox » Thu May 29, 2008 5:03 pm

I traded for him just before he got hurt, which was frustrating. But he's been great since he got back.
I'd pick him up, drop Sheff.
Play Ball
Chicago RedSox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Shane Victorino fantasy value?

Postby verb1999 » Thu May 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Right on. Thanks. I'm not really looking for advice whether to make the move or not (otherwise I'd have posted in the other forum! I don't want to be that guy!) I'm just looking for more specific info about Victorino. Injury history, speed/power potential, etc. Looking at what he's doing, I'm kind of suprised he's still a FA in our league...
verb1999
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rhydderch » Thu May 29, 2008 6:31 pm

Victorino has a lot fantasy value. He is a 290 hitter with double digit pop and 40+ SB potential. Hitting second he can score 100 runs easily. The key with him is whether he can stay in the lineup. He has been on the dl both this year and last, and has fallen into platoon situations a couple of times.

Right now Werth is hurt so he'll play everyday. If he keeps hitting, he'll play. He's walks are up and his strike outs down, and he's a terrific base runner (sb%). I don't think he should be on the FA list in any league bigger than a 8 team.
Rhydderch
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Ursa » Thu May 29, 2008 7:45 pm

Rhydderch wrote:Victorino has a lot fantasy value. He is a 290 hitter with double digit pop and 40+ SB potential. Hitting second he can score 100 runs easily. The key with him is whether he can stay in the lineup. He has been on the dl both this year and last, and has fallen into platoon situations a couple of times.

Right now Werth is hurt so he'll play everyday. If he keeps hitting, he'll play. He's walks are up and his strike outs down, and he's a terrific base runner (sb%). I don't think he should be on the FA list in any league bigger than a 8 team.

I concur with all of this. My 16 team league is very intense and it was strange that he cleared waivers before I snapped him up. He's been a major upgrade over the struggling Delmon Young.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates