SOSA VS. JETER - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

SOSA VS. JETER

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:19 pm

sinicalypse wrote:literally, sosa smashes jeter in a fit of roid rage.

sure jeter might be a higher ranked shortstop than sosa is a higher ranked OF, but sosa wins by leaps and bounds.

when jeter hits 40+ HRs or drives in 120+ give me a call

Sosa earned $26 last year. Jeter, because of his 20-30 sb, is high 20's to $30. Can Sosa improve over last year? If he doesn't, i suspect DJ may outearn him.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 305)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby sinicalypse » Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:23 pm

HOOOTIE HOOOOO!! HOOOTIE HOOO!!

sorry old outkast gets the best of me.

i don't do dollar values, mang. i forgot that jeter got steals, so i spose he's better than i think he is, but generally, i'll still stick with sosa because i have this feeling that he's going to avenge his crappy 2003 year (it's nice to be 40/103 when you're playing like crap, eh?) and try to pull another 2001 out of his arse.

plus the extra protection from a year of lee and a-ram will do wonders for him, methinks.

and hey, this season he started shooting up in december instead of january, so he's pumped and ready to go =D
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:30 pm

sinicalypse wrote:plus the extra protection from a year of lee and a-ram will do wonders for him, methinks.

a-ram?

seriously?

I think that I have to put my foot down here. Does a-ram get picked before a-belt and Hinsk-diddy? He must go after M-Low and Roll-daddy.

Please stop the insanity.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby Spartans Rule » Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:50 pm

Jeter

Sosa is on the decline. His numbers have gone down in just about every measurable category each of the past two years. This could continue, or he could plateau, but the days of 60 HRs are over, and his batting average has become very average.

Jeter hits for a very good BA, scores lots of runs, is decent in RBI and HR and even steals a few bases. I did projections and valuations for the first time this year and Jeter came out slightly ahead of Sosa. Its a tough call, but he's more well rounded and a better roto player.

IMO, in the average league both players will be way overvalued due to name recognition.
Spartans Rule
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers