Will David Price Be Called Up This Year?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will David Price Be Called Up This Year??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Will David Price Be Called Up This Year??

Postby acsguitar » Thu May 29, 2008 2:29 pm

If the Rays have a chance to make the playoffs by september I believe he'll be called up for the pen at least
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Re: Will David Price Be Called Up This Year??

Postby Russell James » Thu May 29, 2008 2:46 pm

Once a pitcher has an injury he will get called up to make a start or two.

I am saving my number 1 priority for this guy. I passed up Kershaw for him. Hopefully I won't regret it.
Russell James
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 352
Joined: 6 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Will David Price Be Called Up This Year??

Postby Yoda » Thu May 29, 2008 2:49 pm

Russell James wrote:Once a pitcher has an injury he will get called up to make a start or two.

I am saving my number 1 priority for this guy. I passed up Kershaw for him. Hopefully I won't regret it.


Why would you do that? Seems pretty silly considering Price has had a shoulder and an elbow injury already this year. While there is still a chance that he gets called up but it seems like you should grab the guy that is already up versus saving your pick for someone who might not get called up at all.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Will David Price Be Called Up This Year??

Postby Smileyman9 » Thu May 29, 2008 3:03 pm

Yoda wrote:Why would you do that? Seems pretty silly considering Price has had a shoulder and an elbow injury already this year. While there is still a chance that he gets called up but it seems like you should grab the guy that is already up versus saving your pick for someone who might not get called up at all.


100% Agree with that...a few years back when David Wright was called up I passed on him because I was waiting for BJ Upton; I can't recall if Upton showed up eventually or not...what I do know, is that he wasn't fantasy relevant until last season and I would have been better off taking Wright in the first place...

I still don't think Price will make it up this year; I think he'll make it up to AAA, but even then I think he has a max on the # of innings they're willing to let him work (much like they've done in the past with Kazmir and Shields).
Image
Smileyman9
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 336
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 25 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Will David Price Be Called Up This Year??

Postby j24jags » Thu May 29, 2008 7:54 pm

I think with his injuries and what not he will be up after Nieman and probably Davis as well. He may come up in September for a couple of starts or bullpen help, but I would not expect him to break into the rotation any earlier. They've got some decisions to make in the near future with Kazmir, Shields, and Garza in the rotation, Jackon has been good, then Price, Niemann and Davis all coming up before the 09 ASB probably.
Image
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10340
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Will David Price Be Called Up This Year??

Postby jlm53089 » Thu May 29, 2008 11:34 pm

Dude why not take Kershaw, by september your priority could already be back to 1.

I am sorry but that is the craziest logic I have ever heard.
Image
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3058
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 6 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tampa, praying for a new stadium.

Re: Will David Price Be Called Up This Year??

Postby talldarkandnerdy » Fri May 30, 2008 11:29 am

Sportsline on Price being called up:

At 22, Price is much more conditioned for an immediate impact than Hernandez. We see Price making 10 starts for the Rays before the end of this year. Stat-wise, he can go 6-2 with 60 strikeouts, a 2.50 ERA and a 1.000 WHIP.


http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/fantasy/story/10846343/rss
talldarkandnerdy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 60
Joined: 4 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: STL

Re: Will David Price Be Called Up This Year??

Postby Yoda » Fri May 30, 2008 11:37 am

talldarkandnerdy wrote:Sportsline on Price being called up:

At 22, Price is much more conditioned for an immediate impact than Hernandez. We see Price making 10 starts for the Rays before the end of this year. Stat-wise, he can go 6-2 with 60 strikeouts, a 2.50 ERA and a 1.000 WHIP.


http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/fantasy/story/10846343/rss


I'd be very surprised if he makes 10 starts for the Rays this year (regular season). He'd have to be up by the first week of August in order to get 10 starts. Considering that he already missed almost 1/3 of the season due to injuries and he is still at A ball, I do not know how he will be ready by then. It's possible if he accelerates quickly but still, it seems way too optimistic.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Will David Price Be Called Up This Year??

Postby talldarkandnerdy » Fri May 30, 2008 12:04 pm

Yoda wrote:
talldarkandnerdy wrote:Sportsline on Price being called up:

At 22, Price is much more conditioned for an immediate impact than Hernandez. We see Price making 10 starts for the Rays before the end of this year. Stat-wise, he can go 6-2 with 60 strikeouts, a 2.50 ERA and a 1.000 WHIP.


http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/fantasy/story/10846343/rss


I'd be very surprised if he makes 10 starts for the Rays this year (regular season). He'd have to be up by the first week of August in order to get 10 starts. Considering that he already missed almost 1/3 of the season due to injuries and he is still at A ball, I do not know how he will be ready by then. It's possible if he accelerates quickly but still, it seems way too optimistic.


I completely agree. As a Yahoo user I'm just hoping he gets the call at some point this year so I actually have the chance to grab him in my keeper league.
talldarkandnerdy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 60
Joined: 4 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: STL

Re: Will David Price Be Called Up This Year??

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Fri May 30, 2008 12:06 pm

Besides the health issues we have seen that the Rays have been reluctant to overpay for players. Bringing him up at the end of the season for a couple starts only starts his Super 2 clock. I would be surprised if he comes up this year, and I think there is a chance that he starts next season in AAA as well, especially with Davis or Neimann probably coming up before him.

I am a little surprised that people with keeper leagues use yahoo. Seems aggravating to have to hope you have the #1 WW when the star of the future comes up. I know I would rather just draft a guy like Bruce or Price at the start of the season and just sit him on my bench all year.
Bobbleheadrusty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 410
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact