A situation in my league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

A situation in my league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A situation in my league

Postby BabySitler » Thu May 29, 2008 1:58 am

We are a 12-team AL-only auction league that has three supplemental drafts during the season for pick-ups... We do the auction and draft in person then input players intot he computer (CBSSportsline), but this has never happened before:

Here's what occurred. What do you think?

"Fellow owners, there is a situation that has arisen in which an owner selected a player in the second round in Sunday's supplemental draft that was already on a roster.

The owner is not trying to cause any controversy at all. He was only going to reselect a player if it was okay with everyone else.

Other owners have since stepped up and sent some very solid e-mails explaining why the best thing to do is not allow another pick.

I must apologize, because in the past we have made it clear that when an owner selects a dead player (Larry Walker retired) or calls out an injured player for a dollar (Eric Milton), that owner is stuck with him. He is given no breaks. The same goes or should go for supplemental drafts when a player is already on another roster. The fair thing to do (and this is unbias as all get out) would be to not allow another selection and refund the owner for the pick. He will not be awarded Jeff Larish.

I'm sure he will completely understand this. Again, he wasn't trying to start a controversy. I simply told him I would propose it to other owners.

In the future, everyone else must be aware the same decision will happen to them if they select a player already on another roster. It is the individual owner's responsibility to keep his list up.
Thak you."
"The Greeks didn't write obituaries, they only asked one question: Did he have passion?"
BabySitler
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: A situation in my league

Postby noseeum » Thu May 29, 2008 2:20 am

I think it seems fine to me.
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: A situation in my league

Postby JTWood » Thu May 29, 2008 11:18 pm

It's fine that there's a sense of consistency there, but there is a huge difference imo between taking an injured/retired player and taking someone on another owner's roster. At worse, I think he should be allowed to repick after everyone else has picked. At best, I'd let him make it up as soon as he realized it. That's what we do in my league. We tell the owner that he screwed up, but we keep moving on. He can post his new pick anytime he wants after that.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner