Jerry Hairston - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jerry Hairston

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jerry Hairston

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed May 28, 2008 11:00 pm

what is the future this season for Jerry Hairston in Cincinnati?
last season Alex Gonzalez was the starting SS. hes been hurt to start this season. what happens once hes ready to return?
Jeff Keppinger was filling in to Gonzalez. hes since been hurt. what happens when he returns?
since Bruce came up replacing Patterson, Hairston has been leading off. if Hairston was to be replaced at SS by one of Gonzalez/Keppinger who esle would lead off?
..1B- Votto? 2B- Phillips? 3B- Encarnacion? RF- Griffey? CF- Bruce? LF- Dunn? C- whoever?
wouldnt it be better for the Reds to have Hairston lead off all season? meaning he would have to be a starter all season,. so is that an option?
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 74)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jerry Hairston

Postby j24jags » Thu May 29, 2008 12:28 am

Keppinger hit .332 last year and was hitting .324 this year, so it is hard to think he will lose his job unless Hairston keeps up this torrid pace, which I don't think he can do. Keppinger is probably still a few weeks away from coming back though, these 7-14 days until Keppinger comes back I think will be crucial in their decision of who starts at short. The thing is, Hairston Jr is a career .255 hitter in over 2000 at-bats so 100 at-bats this season do not make him a .300+ hitter, and Keppinger is younger and hit .313 in 565 career at-bats. It seems Keppinger has much more potential, and he is probably the safer bet, so my guess would be that he will get a chance to take the job back when he is healthy.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers