billy butler - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

billy butler

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

billy butler

Postby gforce1124 » Wed May 28, 2008 5:46 pm

Are there any KC fans out there that have some insight on this guy? I'm pretty suprised to see him hitting .265 with 1 homer right now. His bb/k ratio isn't bad, and has improved from last year, so I assume he's seeing the ball at least OK. His minor league numbers were great. BABIP hasn't taken a big hit. What gives here? Is his swing different? Is he bigger/smaller? Just a young player in a cold streak? Any other thoughts?
gforce1124
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: billy butler

Postby J35J » Wed May 28, 2008 7:23 pm

gforce1124 wrote:Are there any KC fans out there that have some insight on this guy? I'm pretty suprised to see him hitting .265 with 1 homer right now. His bb/k ratio isn't bad, and has improved from last year, so I assume he's seeing the ball at least OK. His minor league numbers were great. BABIP hasn't taken a big hit. What gives here? Is his swing different? Is he bigger/smaller? Just a young player in a cold streak? Any other thoughts?

Confidence is an issue at this point, from all accounts. Add in the fact that pitchers have made their adjustments and its time for Butler to make his back....

Power was always going to take a couple years for him to develop so while 1 home run is suprising I would have been suprised also if he had more than 6 at this point too.

He's a young kid....not every great prospect hits the bigs running.

Anyway, nothing seems different....he just needs to get his confidence back and to make the neccessary adjustments that seem to have been made against him.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Postby herb96 » Thu May 29, 2008 12:02 am

I have him in both of my leagues. I can't seem to drop him, but I'll bench him against tough pitchers. I think he will pull out and start putting up better numbers.
herb96 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu May 29, 2008 1:55 am

J35J wrote:
gforce1124 wrote:Are there any KC fans out there that have some insight on this guy? I'm pretty suprised to see him hitting .265 with 1 homer right now. His bb/k ratio isn't bad, and has improved from last year, so I assume he's seeing the ball at least OK. His minor league numbers were great. BABIP hasn't taken a big hit. What gives here? Is his swing different? Is he bigger/smaller? Just a young player in a cold streak? Any other thoughts?

Confidence is an issue at this point, from all accounts. Add in the fact that pitchers have made their adjustments and its time for Butler to make his back....

Power was always going to take a couple years for him to develop so while 1 home run is suprising I would have been suprised also if he had more than 6 at this point too.

He's a young kid....not every great prospect hits the bigs running.

Anyway, nothing seems different....he just needs to get his confidence back and to make the neccessary adjustments that seem to have been made against him.

agree on all fronts
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Broncmet724 » Thu May 29, 2008 1:06 pm

I like him and Adam Lind. Thye both just need to get their confidnece back and I think they'll do fine
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby NatsFan10 » Thu May 29, 2008 4:56 pm

Butler has been demoted to Triple A Omaha, just reported in KC.
NatsFan10
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dracovonborax » Thu May 29, 2008 7:51 pm

so do we hold onto him in a keeper league or do we cut bait and try to redraft next season?
dracovonborax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby J35J » Thu May 29, 2008 9:43 pm

Yup, I'm glad he went down.....hopefully he can start raking and get his confidence back. He'll be up within a month or two....as long as he hits. :-o
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Return to Baseball Leftovers