Reyes vs Soriano - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Reyes vs Soriano

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:03 am

I like Reyes, but i would take Soriano in real life. He's pretty proven. Reyes isn't. Yes, Reyes already has the better glove, but at this point, Reyes could be a Tejada, or he could be a speed only ss. I think NY likes Reyes because he's alot cheaper. Soriano is arbitration eligible. Who has the better career? Maybe unknown, but i like Sorianos wrists. Reyes hasn't done any better in the minors taking a walk. Both guys have poor w/so ratios. Reyes has youth to learn, but at 160, it's unclear just how big and strong he becomes.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 296)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby LeftyQB » Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:39 pm

I also would take Soriano in a heartbeat. He's proven it for two years...yea he had a poor post season but I recall a guy named Bonds having a couple of poor post seasons....I also love how Red Sox fans get off on knocking Yankees and former Yankees, while wishing deep down that they had one or two of them. Hey, how about Aron Boone to the Sox? You can have him cheap.
LeftyQB
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby beezer » Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:47 pm

I think Reyes will be a great player. He has great speed and a great glove but also has questionable plate discipline. Soriano has great speed AND great power. 40/40 guys don't come around too often. Floyd, Piazza, and Soriano would be a damn good meat of the order. The Mets NEED power not speed. How is Cedeno's speed treatin' Mets fans. Soriano is more than adequate at 2B defensively. Plus, defense can be improved with practice. Reyes hasn't even played 100 games!!! They will both probably hit around .290 with 100 runs and 40-50 SB's. Only difference is Soriano will drive in over 100 RBI's and hit 30-40 homers!!! Pretty simple answer if you ask me. Plus, Sori just got traded for the best player in baseball!! That is saying something right there!!
"I feel the need. The need for speed!"
beezer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Broncmet724 » Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:54 pm

The Mets have said Reyes and Kazmir are off the table. They might work something out with Heilman, Keppel or Peterson, and maybe Diaz from what I have seen on the subject. Depends on what Heilman does during sping training.
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers