Dice K - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Dice K

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Dice K

Postby PavanoAllstars » Wed May 28, 2008 11:04 am

Matthias wrote:From the Boston Globe:

But the buzz began again, and not in the way Matsuzaka wanted. Trailing the Mariners, 3-0, he left the mound at the start of the fifth inning after throwing two warm-up pitches. Matsuzaka was holding his back and side and walked off the mound as the Red Sox medical staff scurried to him. The club reported after the game that he had experienced shoulder fatigue.

"I had a similar experience probably in my second or third year of my professional career where before the game I just felt that things weren't 100 percent," Matsuzaka said through an interpreter. "I had a similar feeling, so I had a conversation with the coaching staff at the time. I think at that time I ended up starting the game.

"But today with so much season left, and such a long way to go in this long season, I thought it would be best to come out of the game at that point."

Matsuzaka would remain undefeated, thanks to Manny Ramírez's three-run homer that tied the game in the sixth, but for now the questions are: How bad is the injury and how long will he be out?

Clay Buchholz is rehabbing in the minors and could very well be summoned back to Boston to take Matsuzaka's spot in the rotation.

Of course, they don't answer their own question of how long Daisuke will be out.

But Shitney, accepting a trade after one of your players in the deal gets hurt is low class.
For every Brett Myers there's a Nate McLouth...
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mysportsrumors » Wed May 28, 2008 12:26 pm

hey maybe the injury will help Dice-BB find his control when he returns.
http://mysportsrumors.com - sports rumors and news
mysportsrumors
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby shoelessjoetara » Wed May 28, 2008 1:50 pm

Well, is it a side injury or shoulder fatigue? Rotoworld is saying it is shoulder fatigue. I saw him grab his side , nowhere near his shoulder. CBS is saying that according to Dice-K, he plans on making his next start and is not too concerned about this.
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Marino's Isotoners » Wed May 28, 2008 10:57 pm

Nick Cafardo, Globe Staff wrote: SEATTLE - Daisuke Matsuzaka will likely accompany the team to Baltimore tonight and then shoot off to to Boston Friday to visit with team physician Dr. Thomas Gill and also be given a precautionary MRI in his ailing right shoulder.

Matsuzaka under went some baseline strength tests yesterday on his right shoulder and Terry Francona indicated that Matsuzaka tested well in comparison to the tests he had taken in spring training. The Sox are usually very cautious in such matters and a good bet would be that Matsuzaka would miss his next start and that someone would make his start scheduled for next Tuesday. The Red Sox have listed TBA for Monday which could be be Justin Masterson (who would be on normal rest) or Clay Buchholz.

Dice-K to be examined Friday
Marino's Isotoners
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby hot4tx » Fri May 30, 2008 1:37 pm

It's my fault. A trade just got accepted sending Dice-K to me just after that game started. An hour or so later he's out and there's shoulder talk.

I'm sorry. !+)
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 209)

Postby woodson_28 » Fri May 30, 2008 10:06 pm

hot4tx wrote:It's my fault. A trade just got accepted sending Dice-K to me just after that game started. An hour or so later he's out and there's shoulder talk.

I'm sorry. !+)

You can't blame yourself. The other day I was trying to figure out who to drop in order to activate Pedro from my DL spot for the Tuesday game. I thought, "If one of my players could just land on the DL for a little bit, that would give me time to evaluate Pedro...". That player was Dice-k

my bad.
woodson_28
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates