Joba Chamberlain starting next week! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Joba Chamberlain starting next week!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Joba Chamberlain starting next week!

Postby ROC AllStars » Wed May 28, 2008 10:56 am

harold_bush wrote:The info is what it is. What, if the title read Joba might be starting next week you would have been able to rest easier the past couple days? Did those three seconds between when you saw the title and read the post have an adverse imapct on your life. Are you having nightmares b/c I didn't use the word might?

Let's see the big picture here guys. I think some people just like to justify their existence by posting something. What you posted provided no fantsy help whatsoever, and that is the point of the site. Why don't you put up a reply telling me that I mispelled fantasy in the sentence above. It would have an equal contribution to saying you didn't like my title. Frankly I, nor 95% of the people really care what you think about my title.

Good day!

Amen, Good sir.
"This guy leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair..."
ROC AllStars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mde » Wed May 28, 2008 11:19 am

harold_bush wrote:The info is what it is. What, if the title read Joba might be starting next week you would have been able to rest easier the past couple days? Did those three seconds between when you saw the title and read the post have an adverse imapct on your life. Are you having nightmares b/c I didn't use the word might?

Let's see the big picture here guys. I think some people just like to justify their existence by posting something. What you posted provided no fantsy help whatsoever, and that is the point of the site. Why don't you put up a reply telling me that I mispelled fantasy in the sentence above. It would have an equal contribution to saying you didn't like my title. Frankly I, nor 95% of the people really care what you think about my title.

Good day!

You're missing the point. This is happening more frequently on this site. The purpose of the title/subject is to summarize the contents of the info on the inside. If I start putting posts like "Sheffield out for season" and on the inside I write "He just went on the DL and with all these injuries, he's probably done. Use common sense!!!@#$@!", and 10 other people follow suit, it would probably be annoying to others.

My response had nothing to do with Joba or what you wrote. I was merely trying to point out that if we all make our titles/subjects more concise and accurate, the forums would be a lot easier to navigate and browse. ;-D
mde
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jimpage » Wed May 28, 2008 12:08 pm

mde wrote:by mde on Wed May 28, 2008 10:19 am
harold_bush wrote:
The info is what it is. What, if the title read Joba might be starting next week you would have been able to rest easier the past couple days? Did those three seconds between when you saw the title and read the post have an adverse imapct on your life. Are you having nightmares b/c I didn't use the word might?

Good day!

You're missing the point. This is happening more frequently on this site. The purpose of the title/subject is to summarize the contents of the info on the inside. If I start putting posts like "Sheffield out for season" and on the inside I write "He just went on the DL and with all these injuries, he's probably done. Use common sense!!!@#$@!", and 10 other people follow suit, it would probably be annoying to others.

My response had nothing to do with Joba or what you wrote. I was merely trying to point out that if we all make our titles/subjects more concise and accurate, the forums would be a lot easier to navigate and browse.

i have to agree with harold on this, i cant understand how anyone cares THIS MUCH about the title...to me, the bottomline is that even a moron could figure out what the thread is basically about by reading the title, its about jobas transition to a starter, and everyone is gonna read the article and get the details and interpret it for themselves. The sheffield comparison doesnt fly because there is nothing that has indicated sheff could be out for the season, so that kind of post would be completely made up, and while this post about joba isnt 100% factually correct, based on the title, we all know that it will happen at some point...its not like harold pulled some info outta nowhere and made this up, he is sharing real info with everyone...last point, if the word "might" was in the title of this thread, how would that make this site easier to navigate and browse?...you would still have clicked on the thread and read it right?...of course you would, you're obviously interested in joba and would read any update you see about him, so i dont see how this wasted your time(except for the excessive crying about the title), making me think this is really is about being pissy because you got your hopes up over a misleading title...speaking of making this site easier to navigate and browse, does it help to have threads that are 90% bitching about something thats not the original subject?...id love a joba update over a grammar lesson
jimpage
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mysportsrumors » Wed May 28, 2008 12:25 pm

this might actually come true now with Ian Kennedy heading to the DL. unfortunately this transition to starter cost the yankees a game last night. to the guy who mentioned the minor leagues, that won't happen even for 1 start they won't do that.
http://mysportsrumors.com - sports rumors and news
mysportsrumors
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mde » Wed May 28, 2008 1:33 pm

jimpage wrote:
harold_bush wrote:
The info is what it is. What, if the title read Joba might be starting next week you would have been able to rest easier the past couple days? Did those three seconds between when you saw the title and read the post have an adverse imapct on your life. Are you having nightmares b/c I didn't use the word might?

Good day!

My response had nothing to do with Joba or what you wrote. I was merely trying to point out that if we all make our titles/subjects more concise and accurate, the forums would be a lot easier to navigate and browse.

i have to agree with harold on this, i cant understand how anyone cares THIS MUCH about the title...to me, the bottomline is that even a moron could figure out what the thread is basically about by reading the title, its about jobas transition to a starter, and everyone is gonna read the article and get the details and interpret it for themselves. The sheffield comparison doesnt fly because there is nothing that has indicated sheff could be out for the season, so that kind of post would be completely made up, and while this post about joba isnt 100% factually correct, based on the title, we all know that it will happen at some point...its not like harold pulled some info outta nowhere and made this up, he is sharing real info with everyone...last point, if the word "might" was in the title of this thread, how would that make this site easier to navigate and browse?...you would still have clicked on the thread and read it right?...of course you would, you're obviously interested in joba and would read any update you see about him, so i dont see how this wasted your time(except for the excessive crying about the title), making me think this is really is about being pissy because you got your hopes up over a misleading title...speaking of making this site easier to navigate and browse, does it help to have threads that are 90% bitching about something thats not the original subject?...id love a joba update over a grammar lesson

No, I wouldn't have clicked on it because I already read the update in the other 20 threads on Joba.
mde
College Coach
College Coach

Postby harold_bush » Wed May 28, 2008 2:12 pm

jimpage wrote:
harold_bush wrote:

Good day!

Couldn't have said it any better myself. As was pointed out, the Sheff analogy is a horrible one b/c it is made up. It is 100% certain that Joba is going to be starting, there is no speculation there.
C- Montero/Napoli
1B-Pujols
2B-Cano
SS-Jeter
3B-Wright
OF-Dunn, J. Upton, Ichiro
UT-Chris Young
Bench - Carlos Lee, Pierre, Aramis

SP-Liriano, Wainwright, Jamie Garcia, Nolasco, Colby Lewis
RP- Wagner, K-Rod, Capps, Wood, Corpas
harold_bush
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby harold_bush » Wed May 28, 2008 2:16 pm

mde wrote:
jimpage wrote:
harold_bush wrote:

Good day!

No, I wouldn't have clicked on it because I already read the update in the other 20 threads on Joba.

Wrong again, you hadn't read the update that I put in my post 20 times, b/c I posted at least one of them the same day it was originally put up. Why are you misleading me with your comments? I really don't appreciate it, and now I won't sleep tonight.
C- Montero/Napoli
1B-Pujols
2B-Cano
SS-Jeter
3B-Wright
OF-Dunn, J. Upton, Ichiro
UT-Chris Young
Bench - Carlos Lee, Pierre, Aramis

SP-Liriano, Wainwright, Jamie Garcia, Nolasco, Colby Lewis
RP- Wagner, K-Rod, Capps, Wood, Corpas
harold_bush
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mayor Daley » Wed May 28, 2008 5:17 pm

This is becoming more like an episode of "The View" than a fantasy baseball forum.
Mayor Daley
College Coach
College Coach

Postby cbrepresent » Wed May 28, 2008 7:26 pm

anyone else think that even after the joba rules effect, he's being rushed a bit this season? It's still May and he's only pitched more than one inning twice this year.
cbrepresent
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bwagner112 » Wed May 28, 2008 10:51 pm

Thanks for the insight ladies ;)
bwagner112
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates