Another Yahoo Waiver Claim Question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Another Yahoo Waiver Claim Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Another Yahoo Waiver Claim Question

Postby Eagle Baseball » Tue May 27, 2008 11:52 am

I have the #5 priority so this likely will not matter but just in case.

I put in a claim for Kershaw. I currently have Westbrook on my DL. Yahoo also still has him on the DL. I see he is scheduled to pitch because of the ^ by him. I know if I had Westbrook on my DL but he is off Yahoo DL I would not be able to add players but now this is the case: He was on Yahoo DL when I put my claim in but he will not be on Yahoo DL when the claim is processed if by chance I get him. So will Yahoo allow me to add him if no one above me claims him?
Eagle Baseball
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Another Yahoo Waiver Claim Question

Postby bigh0rt » Tue May 27, 2008 12:07 pm

Eagle Baseball wrote:I have the #5 priority so this likely will not matter but just in case.

I put in a claim for Kershaw. I currently have Westbrook on my DL. Yahoo also still has him on the DL. I see he is scheduled to pitch because of the ^ by him. I know if I had Westbrook on my DL but he is off Yahoo DL I would not be able to add players but now this is the case: He was on Yahoo DL when I put my claim in but he will not be on Yahoo DL when the claim is processed if by chance I get him. So will Yahoo allow me to add him if no one above me claims him?

If Westbrook no longer has the red 'DL' next to his name at the time the claim is to be processed, you will get the error stating that you have a player on your DL who isn't on the DL, and the claim will be denied.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Tue May 27, 2008 12:07 pm

Let me sum up to see if I understand...you have a player on YOUR DL that is not DL'd by Yahoo...if so, then your waiver claim will be invalid because of the non-DL player in your DL spot. Same thing happens when a trade is being processed...the trade will be null and void in the same situation (unless Yahoo has changed this since last season).
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby AllDay » Wed May 28, 2008 2:49 am

BALCO All-Stars wrote:Let me sum up to see if I understand...

Apparently you don't.

Westbrook is still on the DL - on his fantasy team, in Yahoo, and in MLB. He will likely be activated Wednesday so he can pitch.

Unless Yahoo! gets an update that removes Westbrook from the DL the waiver claim will be fine.
AllDay
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Wed May 28, 2008 8:14 am

AllDay wrote:
BALCO All-Stars wrote:Let me sum up to see if I understand...

Apparently you don't.

Completely uncalled for...and apparently YOU don't understand...His post stated "He was on Yahoo DL when I put my claim in but he will not be on Yahoo DL when the claim is processed if by chance I get him"...so if the claim is processed and Westbrook is no longer on the DL, the claim will NOT go through....but normally Yahoo is a day behind MLB in terms of the DL, so there is a shot that you could get him.
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Return to Baseball Leftovers