16 team league need help for 1st round pick - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

16 team league need help for 1st round pick

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

16 team league need help for 1st round pick

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:47 pm

Who should i pick with the 5th pick of 16 team h2h league my thoughts would be either Helton, Vlad, Nomar, or Kent

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby oscar15 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:04 pm

Out of the four you listed I would take vlad or Helton in that order

There are more SS on the market this year. Garciapara is no longer a good first round pick
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 27)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Y`s Guy » Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:59 am

okay, I have snapped!

Why play fantasy baseball if you even need help with your freaking 1st round pick...and the #5 to boot? Leggo of mommy's hand and select by using your brain!!!

Ahhh...I feel better. Please don't hate me guys. The doctor tells my family that when I snap to just step back.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 277)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Re: 16 team league need help for 1st round pick

Postby MikeeDee » Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:33 pm

Anonymous wrote:Who should i pick with the 5th pick of 16 team h2h league my thoughts would be either Helton, Vlad, Nomar, or Kent

With the 5th pick I wouldn't consider kent or Nomar. If Vlad is around he's the way to go. If he's not, Helton would be good, so are Beltran and Prior in my opinion.
MikeeDee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mighty Monks » Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:37 pm

Y`s Guy wrote:okay, I have snapped!

Why play fantasy baseball if you even need help with your freaking 1st round pick...and the #5 to boot? Leggo of mommy's hand and select by using your brain!!!

Ahhh...I feel better. Please don't hate me guys. The doctor tells my family that when I snap to just step back.

I hear ya, I am so sick of the who should I pick #1 and other first round questions. No league is won or lost with a first round pick. Anybody can pick pretty much any of the elite and be happy with them. The questions should be asked are like, where should I pick Rich Harden, or these guys are available in the 17th round, who should I pick. Please no more first round questions.
Mighty Monks
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MikeeDee » Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:01 pm

Mighty Monks wrote:
Y`s Guy wrote:okay, I have snapped!

I hear ya, I am so sick of the who should I pick #1 and other first round questions. No league is won or lost with a first round pick. Anybody can pick pretty much any of the elite and be happy with them. The questions should be asked are like, where should I pick Rich Harden, or these guys are available in the 17th round, who should I pick. Please no more first round questions.

I think it was a valid question. Not everybody is (or pretends to be) a fantasy baseball expert. That doesn't mean you're not allowed to ask questions if you aren't. If you guys feel you're too good for a question than just don't post in the thread.
MikeeDee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Baseball Leftovers