Chad Tracy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Chad Tracy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chad Tracy

Postby Havok1517 » Mon May 26, 2008 10:02 pm

FYI, just wanted to remind everyone that Chad Tracy is back playing for Arizona after being out with knee surgery. He's likely not going to be a starter right away as the D'Backs will take their time with him but he will get semi-regular time at both 1B and 3B with Mark Reynolds likely seeing his playing time cut the most because of Tracy. He is signed long-term (http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/2005/0 ... ks_10.html) so he figures to get regular playtime once he proves he's back. Tracy will see a lot of time against righties. He should be a good balance of power and avg going forward as he batted 4th tonight.

PS: Tracy still has Yahoo DL eligibility and if you pick him up now you can still stash him on your DL to wait and see what he does while picking someone else up in his stead.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 123)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Chad Tracy

Postby flooredyas » Mon May 26, 2008 11:34 pm

I added him. Have Reynolds, so between the 2 of them it'll be a matter of playing the L/R pitching matchups. Reynolds is clearly the guy defensively, but hits righties much worse than lefties. The platoon seems like a natural, unfortunately a fantasy nightmare. Conor at 1B will not be getting a lot of time off, however periodic rest will take place. Tracy will see plenty of gametime if he can hold up physically, most of which will be at the expense of Reynolds right now.
Just my homer 2 cents.
flooredyas
College Coach
College Coach

Postby chase_utley26 » Mon May 26, 2008 11:49 pm

Damn, i have been dreading this moment. I have Reynolds, Jackson, and Tracy is a FA. The problem is, there s nobody on my team that I feel comfortable in dropping. Here is my team:

Other than Chad, some other available FA's are Beltre, Gordon, Lowell, Encarnacion, Glaus, Kouz, and Rolen.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
chase_utley26
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Havok1517 » Tue May 27, 2008 12:16 am

flooredyas wrote:I added him. Have Reynolds, so between the 2 of them it'll be a matter of playing the L/R pitching matchups. Reynolds is clearly the guy defensively, but hits righties much worse than lefties. The platoon seems like a natural, unfortunately a fantasy nightmare. Conor at 1B will not be getting a lot of time off, however periodic rest will take place. Tracy will see plenty of gametime if he can hold up physically, most of which will be at the expense of Reynolds right now.
Just my homer 2 cents.

I'm pretty sure Tracy is a better fielder than Reynolds at 3B. Well, at least he was prior to his knee injury. Tracy and most 3Bs at least have more range than Reynolds. IMO, Reynolds has LF,1B,or DH written on his future.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 123)

Postby AussieDodger » Tue May 27, 2008 12:23 am

Reynolds is sort of a clone of Jonny Gomes.
Droolworthy :-L power, decent walk rate, but suckful avg. vs RHP.
I wouldn't be surprised if Tracy gets all the RHP starts fairly soon.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates