Steroids... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Steroids...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Steroids...

Postby bjsteel » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:23 pm

I'm sure this topic has already come up, but I'm new to this site and not sure how to do searches: Is anyone concerned about picking players that may have been on steroids in the past and now come into camp this year noticably under weight? The likes of Bobby Abreu, Eric Gagne, J. Giambi...plus all the talk about Barry Bonds and Gary Sheffield! I might be a little leary about drafting these guys. Of course I'm not saying any of these guys actually took steroids...
bjsteel
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:37 pm

It's not just them. Jeff Kent says Babe Ruth may have taken steroids as well. Eventhough they were developed 5 years after Ruth retired.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby bjsteel » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:10 pm

Anonymous wrote:It's not just them. Jeff Kent says Babe Ruth may have taken steroids as well. Eventhough they were developed 5 years after Ruth retired.

So the only response I get is from this yahoo? Anyone else have a normal thought?
bjsteel
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:12 pm

bjsteel wrote:
Anonymous wrote:It's not just them. Jeff Kent says Babe Ruth may have taken steroids as well. Eventhough they were developed 5 years after Ruth retired.

So the only response I get is from this yahoo? Anyone else have a normal thought?

Try the search button. It's been discussed every day for months.

Postby lesgrant » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:15 pm

bjsteel wrote:

The bulk of the steroids debate, at the moment is on the Facts about Bonds or the Giambi thread. 'Roids have come up often since I became a member. It's discussed on a player by player basis it seems.
lesgrant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bjsteel » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:43 pm

Anonymous wrote:
bjsteel wrote:

Try the search button. It's been discussed every day for months.

I did the search, and didn't see anything about the fact that Abreu and Gagne came in 30lbs under weight, and weather or not anyone would be leary about drafing these guys. Just keep hiding behind your guest login!
bjsteel
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby The Jury » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:00 pm

lesgrant, that's an awesome icon you have ;-D

Are the guys who are obviously coming off the juice this year going to produce less than they have in the past few years? Are you guys bumping Giambi and those guys down a bit?
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:05 pm

bjsteel wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
bjsteel wrote:

Try the search button, genius. It's only been discussed every day for months.

I did the search, and didn't see anything about the fact that Abreu and Gagne came in 30lbs under weight, and weather or not anyone would be leary about drafing these guys. Just keep hiding behind your guest login, you jagbag!

Here's one on Abreu http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... t=steroids

That took a whole 5 seconds BJ

Postby bjsteel » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:33 pm

Well, I just did a search on Gagne and Steroids, and got like 50 responses, none of which have Gagne in the subject title...no way I'm going through all those! By the way, my question was a general question, whether or not anyone has any problems drafting any of these guys come draft time...If you want to do the search, be my guest, no pun intended...later!
bjsteel
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby eftda » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:45 pm

bjsteel wrote:Well, I just did a search on Gagne and Steroids, and got like 50 responses, none of which have Gagne in the subject title...no way I'm going through all those! By the way, my question was a general question, whether or not anyone has any problems drafting any of these guys come draft time...If you want to do the search, be my guest, no pun intended...later!

I am staying away from Sheff, Giambi and Bonds... I would draft them... but i am trying to get higher picks
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers