Do anything to my team? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Do anything to my team?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Do anything to my team?

Postby T Long » Mon May 26, 2008 3:14 pm

I feel that I have a great team, but i've lost the past two weeks. I had a 28.5 game league on second place that feel to 18.5. It is a 10 team non-keeper H2H yahoo league w/ these cats. R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, E, AVG, OPS, GS, IP, W, L, CG, SV, ER, HR, K, ERA, WHIP

Lineup:

C. Russell Martin
1B. David Ortiz
2B. Ian Kinsler
3B. David Wright
SS. Michael Young
LF. Carlos Lee
CF. Grady Sizemore
RF. Magglio Ordonez
OF. Hunter Pence
Util. Mark Teixeira
Util. Jacoby Ellsbury
DL. Jorge Posada
Bench: Adrian Beltre, Yunel Escobar

SP. Brandon Webb
SP. Erik Bedard
SP. Dan Haren
RP. Takashi Saito
RP. Joakim Soria
P. Jose Valverde
Bench: Scott Kazmir, Aaron Harang, Justin Verlander, Chad Billingsly, Brett Myers, Clayton Kershaw

Some FA's: Jim Thome, Nick Swisher, Evan Longoria, Kevin Kouzmanoff, Gary Mathews Jr., Scott Rolen, Rich Hill, Fransico Liriano, Ian Snell, Justin Duchsherer, Dana Eveland

I really think that the past two weeks have been bad luck and that i can still dominate my leauge. Is there anything I should look to try and do, or any free agents worth a pickup?
Piano Man
T Long
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Do anything to my team?

Postby shoelessjoetara » Mon May 26, 2008 5:37 pm

No I would stay put . You have a solid team and I think it just may be a combination of bad luck for your team and good luck to the teams you played. You will be there in the end and thats all that matters. Please help me out
viewtopic.php?t=347920
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Rusty Pate » Mon May 26, 2008 8:14 pm

I like Duchsherer more than Myers or Billingsley, especially if you're not starting either. Honestly, Duchsherer has been so good, I would consider starting him. At the very least, pick him up and use him in a trade.
Rusty Pate
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby KrunK » Tue May 27, 2008 1:50 am

Definitely sit, you group looks stout for a 10-team league and the recent losses aren't because of a poor lineup. Your hitting is loaded with power and all around players and once Bedard wakes up and Harang gets run support you've got 5 solid aces in Webb/Bedard/Harang/Haren/Kazmir and some guys with the potential to turn it around (Myers and Verlander) and the young stud in Kershaw. I'd consider maybe dropping Beltre for Duchscherer because he is never going to crack your lineup at 3B but might have some trade value since he is putting up solid numbers. I would only start Myers at home (he is 0-5 in 6 starts on the road) and if he doesn't get it together in the next month he may be WW material. I got fed up with him and dropped him earlier in the season and haven't looked back, but I'm more impatient with slumping pitchers since one start can ruin your week.

Rusty Pate wrote:I like Duchsherer more than Myers or Billingsley, especially if you're not starting either. Honestly, Duchsherer has been so good, I would consider starting him. At the very least, pick him up and use him in a trade.

His starters on the bench aren't really being "benched" the whole week, you adjust the roster when they're starting and put them in that day since it's a daily change league.
Credit to smoovethug on the sig
KrunK
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Rusty Pate » Tue May 27, 2008 2:32 am

KrunK wrote:
Rusty Pate wrote:I like Duchsherer more than Myers or Billingsley, especially if you're not starting either. Honestly, Duchsherer has been so good, I would consider starting him. At the very least, pick him up and use him in a trade.

His starters on the bench aren't really being "benched" the whole week, you adjust the roster when they're starting and put them in that day since it's a daily change league.

Still, Duchsherer is better than both. I would debate Billingsley, but I think at the end of the day, Duchsherer has a better season.
Rusty Pate
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team