Teixeira only 5 HR? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Teixeira only 5 HR?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Teixeira only 5 HR?

Postby pat189 » Mon May 26, 2008 2:12 pm

I thought he had a legit shot at 40 this season based on what he did on Atlanta last season.

He's starting to hit better but hasn't hit a dinger in forever. What's up with him?
pat189
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Teixeira only 5 HR?

Postby ataraxia » Mon May 26, 2008 2:43 pm

Nothing.
Absolute thanks to soty for the sig.
ataraxia
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Grounded Polo » Mon May 26, 2008 2:49 pm

Tex's lack of power has hurt but I have him on a team where I also have the Big Puma so I haven't noticed. :-b
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Another Blown Save » Mon May 26, 2008 2:58 pm

First of all, I don't think Teixeira is a 40 HR guy. He only have done it once in his career and that was a year where he played 162 games.

However, his overall numbers should improve. He definitely hits better in the 2nd half, so I wouldn't panic yet.
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby jfg » Mon May 26, 2008 3:55 pm

I think he still has a 40 HR season in him. One of these years he'll start out hot and play a full season, not 162 games but enough to hit 40. I can't wait to see where he ends up next year team-wise. I have a feeling he's going to be a great keeper.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Grounded Polo » Mon May 26, 2008 4:06 pm

jfg wrote:I think he still has a 40 HR season in him. One of these years he'll start out hot and play a full season, not 162 games but enough to hit 40. I can't wait to see where he ends up next year team-wise. I have a feeling he's going to be a great keeper.

In '05, when he hit 43, he had another slow April but managed to put up 6 jacks. He could have hit 40 last year if he didn't get hurt and miss a ton of time. I agree on looking forward to seeing where he ends up. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the Mets out of team bias but otherwise, Boston would be ideal. The Yanks would be nice but I doubt they'll pay up to get Tex when CC will be on the market.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby jfg » Mon May 26, 2008 4:14 pm

I'm just hoping he doesn't go to some mediocre team that decides to bring out the checkbook this offseason. It would be a sad day to see him as a Mariner.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon May 26, 2008 4:17 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:
jfg wrote:I think he still has a 40 HR season in him. One of these years he'll start out hot and play a full season, not 162 games but enough to hit 40. I can't wait to see where he ends up next year team-wise. I have a feeling he's going to be a great keeper.

In '05, when he hit 43, he had another slow April but managed to put up 6 jacks. He could have hit 40 last year if he didn't get hurt and miss a ton of time. I agree on looking forward to seeing where he ends up. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the Mets out of team bias but otherwise, Boston would be ideal. The Yanks would be nice but I doubt they'll pay up to get Tex when CC will be on the market.

The Yanks will be clearing enough in the offseason to potentially sign both CC and Teix. :-D
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fbc_fan » Mon May 26, 2008 5:07 pm

he's still hitting doubles, so i'm not too worried. he's always a slow starter anyways.
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Lordrevolution » Mon May 26, 2008 7:24 pm

Look at his splits. He's a monster around this time and on.
Lordrevolution
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers