J.J. Putz - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

J.J. Putz

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

J.J. Putz

Postby Cubsfan2803 » Mon May 26, 2008 2:09 pm

Is he going to pick it up again? So far he has not been living up to wear people had ranked him to other closers.
Cubsfan2803
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: J.J. Putz

Postby PavanoAllstars » Mon May 26, 2008 5:37 pm

he had pitched very well until yesterday's debacle at yankee stadium... and some of it wasn't his fall... he's also on the worst team in the league right now and not getting save opportunities... hopefully the mariners will pick it up or his value will be minimal
For every Brett Myers there's a Nate McLouth...
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby siQ_innovation » Mon May 26, 2008 10:51 pm

Putz is frustrating me. I drafted him to be a top-notch closer with a sub-2 ERA but I'm getting virtually nothing in return from him. I would've gotten more giving manny acosta and ryan franklin a ride. *sighs*

Props to RyanK for the Sig.
siQ_innovation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue May 27, 2008 1:08 am

siQ_innovation wrote:Putz is frustrating me. I drafted him to be a top-notch closer with a sub-2 ERA but I'm getting virtually nothing in return from him. I would've gotten more giving manny acosta and ryan franklin a ride. *sighs*

With the Mariner's crappyness, it is understandable, yet equally frustrating, to see what is going on with the big guy. He hasn't hardly had a legit save situation, his appearances are too far apart and he is struggling with consistency and control as a result. The guy is a saves junkie and has never pitched quite as well when the game wasn't "on the line" for any number of reasons. I think he will turn it around concurrently with the M's at some point, but I sadly admit that he will not crack top-10 closer status this year most likely !+)
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby PavanoAllstars » Tue May 27, 2008 2:16 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
siQ_innovation wrote:Putz is frustrating me. I drafted him to be a top-notch closer with a sub-2 ERA but I'm getting virtually nothing in return from him. I would've gotten more giving manny acosta and ryan franklin a ride. *sighs*

With the Mariner's crappyness, it is understandable, yet equally frustrating, to see what is going on with the big guy. He hasn't hardly had a legit save situation, his appearances are too far apart and he is struggling with consistency and control as a result. The guy is a saves junkie and has never pitched quite as well when the game wasn't "on the line" for any number of reasons. I think he will turn it around concurrently with the M's at some point, but I sadly admit that he will not crack top-10 closer status this year most likely !+)

Couldn't put it better myself! Unless the Mariners go into firesale mode, which shouldn't happen, they'll turn it around at some point and the saves opps will come... you just have to temper your expectations, everyone who drafted Putz are going to be dissapointed this year... but hopefully the next 2/3 he can give us who own him top 5 closer stats, unfortunately his first 1/3 will indeed leave him out of the top 10 closers...
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Cubsfan2803 » Tue May 27, 2008 6:19 pm

Basically my closer situation is making me wonder what to do. I started out with Putz, Rivera, and Borowski. I dropped Borowski pretty early and about two weeks later someone dropped Francisco Rodríguez. I grabbed him instantly thinking between Putz and Rodríguez I would forever be set on my closing situation. Now John Smoltz gets him self injured and is coming back as a closer :-S . Between Rodríguez, Putz, Smoltz, and Rivera what should I do? I have a 25 man roster and I do not really want four closers. Who should I keep and who do I drop/trade away? Thanks.
Cubsfan2803
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ScrappyDoo » Tue May 27, 2008 6:29 pm

Any league where K-Rod would be dropped is a joke.

I think Putz will turn it around, he just needs to have save opps.
ScrappyDoo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cubsfan2803 » Tue May 27, 2008 11:44 pm

Yeah he made a big mistake. ;-D
Cubsfan2803
College Coach
College Coach

Postby PavanoAllstars » Wed May 28, 2008 1:16 am

Putz looked solid tonight, got the win vs red sox... i'd wait until Smoltz comes back and see how he plays out before you trade any of your closers... how many closers do the other teams have?
PavanoAllstars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed May 28, 2008 2:50 am

Nice to see the big guy pull in a much-needed W in a solid appearance ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates