King Felix? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

King Felix?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: King Felix?

Postby PokeyReesePOTUS » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:03 pm

Let's not forget he was brilliant against Boston, too, until the 8th inning (when they left him in too long).

This guy is the real deal. Ace stuff. He JUST turned 22 in April!
PokeyReesePOTUS
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Mighty Trow » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:06 am

the splits show that he's a better second half pitcher. nearly drops almost half a point on his ERA and his whip drops 0.15. I'll wait to see what happens when the weather warms.
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Sammy_D » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:14 pm

Slayer Rules wrote:
activechamp2006 wrote:You obvisouly didn't watch the game. Felix pitched a gem through 7 innings. I believe tonight was a step in the right direction.

Yes - I did watch the game. I was very encouraged by his performance until the 8th. And then he fell apart again.

I would consider getting through a start without melting down a step in the right direction.

Maybe I'm holding him to a higher standard than everyone else here. For some reason, melting down in every single start, walking guys with the bases loaded, inconsistent velocity from start-to-start - these things bother me. I'm weird that way....

I guess I need to re-calibrate what I would consider a "good start" by Felix to <6.00 ERA, 3-4 K's and <2.00 WHIP - I stand corrected. His 8th inning numbers still counted, right? Maybe that's what I missed.

Where have you been? King Felix misses ya!
Sammy_D
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Slayer Rules » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:58 pm

Sammy_D wrote:Where have you been? King Felix misses ya!

I haven't gone anywhere - I started him today. Like I said earlier.....

Slayer Rules wrote:There's no question he's capable, but considering the current circumstances, why in the world would you start him right now against two of the most stacked offenses in MLB?

Against KC, Toronto or some similar offensively challenged team, sure I'd start him. BOS and DET? No thanks.

Until he shows some consistency, I'll continue to bench him against elite offenses - he can't handle them. His WHIP is still 1.3+ - in spite of the brilliant performances he's had the last few times out.
Slayer Rules
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Sammy_D » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:30 am

Slayer Rules wrote:

Slayer Rules wrote:There's no question he's capable, but considering the current circumstances, why in the world would you start him right now against two of the most stacked offenses in MLB?

Against KC, Toronto or some similar offensively challenged team, sure I'd start him. BOS and DET? No thanks.

Until he shows some consistency, I'll continue to bench him against elite offenses - he can't handle them. His WHIP is still 1.3+ - in spite of the brilliant performances he's had the last few times out.

Yeah well sorry to see you sat him against Boston his last time out where he got the win and gave up 0 ER.

And did you sit him against Detroit too? The 11th best offense in the league? Yup, 0 ER and a W.

Oh, and please don't say Boston was without their sluggers.
Sammy_D
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Slayer Rules » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:15 am

Heh - I have to admit that back when I made that post I was still under the false assumption that Detroit was any good offensively - they've been awful since I made the post.

Anyway - apparently Felix was injured yesterday? I didn't notice this, and I was watching the game. It's covered in Gleeman's Daily Dose on RW:

http://rotoworld.com/content/features/c ... leid=30546

Excerpt:

....Felix Hernandez was absolutely brilliant Wednesday afternoon against the Blue Jays, totaling eight strikeouts while allowing just an unearned run on four hits over eight innings. Unfortunately even that turned into bad news, as the Mariners' nightmare season may have gotten even worse. Hernandez wasn't able to finish the game because of a calf strain, saying afterward that his leg "was getting tighter and tighter" as the afternoon went on.
Slayer Rules
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BJSFAN123 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:55 am

He seems to get injured after every start..
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dre1614 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:28 pm

Slayer Rules wrote:Heh - I have to admit that back when I made that post I was still under the false assumption that Detroit was any good offensively - they've been awful since I made the post.

Anyway - apparently Felix was injured yesterday? I didn't notice this, and I was watching the game. It's covered in Gleeman's Daily Dose on RW:

http://rotoworld.com/content/features/c ... leid=30546

Excerpt:

....Felix Hernandez was absolutely brilliant Wednesday afternoon against the Blue Jays, totaling eight strikeouts while allowing just an unearned run on four hits over eight innings. Unfortunately even that turned into bad news, as the Mariners' nightmare season may have gotten even worse. Hernandez wasn't able to finish the game because of a calf strain, saying afterward that his leg "was getting tighter and tighter" as the afternoon went on.

that's not a serious injury at all.
"Bottom line is that he's awful and you should sell him for whatever you can get in return for him. He's garbage for the rest of 2007." - Geek on Felix Hernandez
dre1614
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby dre1614 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:29 pm

Slayer Rules wrote:

what is his era?
"Bottom line is that he's awful and you should sell him for whatever you can get in return for him. He's garbage for the rest of 2007." - Geek on Felix Hernandez
dre1614
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Slayer Rules » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:00 pm

For the record I'm def starting him @ Shea today - nothing particularly frightening about this matchup.....
Slayer Rules
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates