Delmon Young - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Delmon Young

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Delmon Young

Postby Ursa » Thu May 29, 2008 8:01 pm

He's out of the lineup tonight (Thurs) breaking his league high 220-some start streak. He had two more errors last night following his three run disaster vs KC, piled on top of a 1 for 23 current batting streak.

The Twins are on a 40 games in 41 days run and I believe they're letting Delmon get his head together. I still can't shake the feeling that he simply isn't fitting in in Minnesota.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WyldStallyn » Thu May 29, 2008 8:08 pm

Ursa wrote:He's out of the lineup tonight (Thurs) breaking his league high 220-some start streak. He had two more errors last night following his three run disaster vs KC, piled on top of a 1 for 23 current batting streak.

The Twins are on a 40 games in 41 days run and I believe they're letting Delmon get his head together. I still can't shake the feeling that he simply isn't fitting in in Minnesota.

they dont throw enough objects at the umpires
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby hybrid » Thu May 29, 2008 8:32 pm

I found some pluses, he is on pace to double his walk stats from last year and steal 20+ bags. Yep thats it, he has sucked in everything else ... I'd rather him swing at everything again if this is how he will produce otherwise. :-P
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby DaShiz23 » Thu May 29, 2008 8:42 pm

another one of those 5 cat guys who was WAY overrated! He may become a great player, but fantasy-wise, not worth his ADP this year.
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby Field » Thu May 29, 2008 9:29 pm

DaShiz23 wrote:another one of those 5 cat guys who was WAY overrated! He may become a great player, but fantasy-wise, not worth his ADP this year.

No one ever said he WAS a 5 cat guy, although he still does have the POTENTIAL to be a 5 cat guy. I haven't seen him play much this year, but, with his talent, I think you have to hold him. The steals certainly don't hurt.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby MashinSpuds » Fri May 30, 2008 12:04 am

DaShiz23 wrote:another one of those 5 cat guys who was WAY overrated! He may become a great player, but fantasy-wise, not worth his ADP this year.

Considering how his year went last year it'd be hard to find anyone who underrated him. You're winning the hindsight category, bro.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Postby AussieDodger » Fri May 30, 2008 12:07 am

MashinSpuds wrote:Considering how his year went last year it'd be hard to find anyone who underrated him.

Me. I wouldn't have had him for free. ;-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby freeling_prideful » Fri May 30, 2008 12:12 am

Hhmm I personally had him fairly low among OF's, behind Damon, Francoeur, Swisher, Hawpe, Kemp, Bay, Dye...even Andruw Jones! People talk about potential but he didn't even really show much of that last year in TB. He hit like 13 HR and stole a few bags? Whatever.

I think he's one of those guys who still has a chance to develop in the future. One big thing is that his P/PA has increased this year, so he's become more selective. In the long run, that pays off. Next year could be his first 20/20 campaign, and I'd be willing to buy for a much-reduced price (maybe ADP of 180?).
freeling_prideful
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RAmst23 » Fri May 30, 2008 2:34 am

What, you aren't happy with the .328 SLG and .319 OBP? For shame! And 14 RBIs in almost 200 ABs, that's at least tied with Nick Swisher.. don't be so greedy.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Yoda » Fri May 30, 2008 9:05 am

freeling_prideful wrote:Hhmm I personally had him fairly low among OF's, behind Damon, Francoeur, Swisher, Hawpe, Kemp, Bay, Dye...even Andruw Jones! People talk about potential but he didn't even really show much of that last year in TB. He hit like 13 HR and stole a few bags? Whatever.

Damon, Francoeur, Swisher, Hawpe, Andruw are not exactly lighting the world on fire either.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers