Lance Berkman and his new found speed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Lance Berkman and his new found speed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Lance Berkman and his new found speed

Postby Inukchuk » Tue May 27, 2008 4:37 pm

harold_bush wrote:Just because one steals more bases doesn't mean he got faster, could be as simple as he is just attmepting more. Manager philosopy, many other possible reasons. It is also possible to get faster, especially someone like him who was a little overweight. He has rededicated himself through diet and workout, and it has really paid off. I'd expect 20-25 SBs, which means he will have a tough time not being a top 5 player by year's end.

I know. That's why I wrote this:

Inukchuk wrote:I think it may be a combination of having a better idea when to go, the new base stealing philosphy, and perhaps the teensiest bit of added speed. I would imagine the steals will tail off as teams become more careful when he's on base, but I can still see 20 swipes by year's end...

in the post before yours. :-b
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Re: Lance Berkman and his new found speed

Postby harold_bush » Tue May 27, 2008 5:01 pm

Inukchuk wrote:
harold_bush wrote:Just because one steals more bases doesn't mean he got faster, could be as simple as he is just attmepting more. Manager philosopy, many other possible reasons. It is also possible to get faster, especially someone like him who was a little overweight. He has rededicated himself through diet and workout, and it has really paid off. I'd expect 20-25 SBs, which means he will have a tough time not being a top 5 player by year's end.

I know. That's why I wrote this:

Inukchuk wrote:I think it may be a combination of having a better idea when to go, the new base stealing philosphy, and perhaps the teensiest bit of added speed. I would imagine the steals will tail off as teams become more careful when he's on base, but I can still see 20 swipes by year's end...

in the post before yours. :-b

Word.
C- Montero/Napoli
1B-Pujols
2B-Cano
SS-Jeter
3B-Wright
OF-Dunn, J. Upton, Ichiro
UT-Chris Young
Bench - Carlos Lee, Pierre, Aramis

SP-Liriano, Wainwright, Jamie Garcia, Nolasco, Colby Lewis
RP- Wagner, K-Rod, Capps, Wood, Corpas