Andy LaRoche? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Andy LaRoche?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Andy LaRoche?

Postby Grounded Polo » Sun May 25, 2008 12:43 pm

Any updates there? Rotoworld hasn't posted anything since 5/12 and Triple A teams are scared of pitching to him (29 BB vs. 8 K). I guess that DeWitt is playing so well that LaRoche must be 150% ready before coming back.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Andy LaRoche?

Postby EverybodyHits » Sun May 25, 2008 2:00 pm

i wouldnt expect him to be up before bruce or headley. here's one writer's take:

8. Andy LaRoche, 3B, Dodgers. Gee, I guess the Dodgers have some prospects. LaRoche still hasn't gotten a fair shake at third, and Blake DeWitt's good start has lessened the pain of Nomar Garciaparra's, well, pain. But while DeWitt was a legit prospect, I don't think he's a .318 big league hitter and eventually the Dodgers will want more power out of third base. LaRoche will get a call. It's certainly not right to damn the 24-year-old for 93 at-bats in '07. His OPS at Triple-A Las Vegas right now is 1.066.

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/baseb ... wski080520
EverybodyHits
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Montana168 » Sun May 25, 2008 7:39 pm

i think once laroche gets hot again at Las Vegas they will bring him up. even though is OPS is outstanding, his batting average has slipped and he's in a slump. there is no way they are going to bring laroche up when he is slumping and dewitt is hot. once laroche gets it going at AAA, whether dewitt is hot or not, i think we will see him come up.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Montana168 » Wed May 28, 2008 11:49 pm

well going back to what i posted above...laroche has gotten very hot. last night alone he went 3-7 4 R, 5 RBI. he pulled his average all the way back up to .282 after it was down around .230-40ish a week ago. with the dodger offense struggling like it is and laroche finding his swing right now, it would be hard to imagine laroche still in the minors this time next week. the dodgers need some kind of offense and you never know laroche could spark the offense much like bruce is doing in cincy. you never know. anything is better than the 1-2 runs per game they are scoring right now. :~(
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Grounded Polo » Thu May 29, 2008 2:10 pm

Too bad Dewitt is one of the few guys actually hitting. Loney has been a blackhole with the bat at first.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby EverybodyHits » Fri May 30, 2008 5:36 pm

this is a day old - and kent did come back yesterday. but we'll see. i have a hunch he's up by monday.

RW:
According to the Los Angeles Times, manager Joe Torre "hinted" Wednesday that Andy LaRoche "could be close to being called up" from Triple-A.
LaRoche has been playing first base in addition to the usual third base at Las Vegas, hitting .268/.462/.427 with four homers and 20 RBI in 28 games. Jeff Kent (back) is expected to rejoin the lineup Thursday, but if he needs more time off the Dodgers may add another infielder and LaRoche would be the obvious choice. May. 29 - 8:51 am
EverybodyHits
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates